Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib Gas Jobs

Options
  • 30-09-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help

A friend of mine who is currently in Australia, and I have no way of contacting, told me that he did a bit of work up at the pipeline driving small commercial boats, generally for crew transfer to the bigger ships and other safety boat aspects of the project. I had the relevant qualification at the time but couldn't follow it up due to college.

When I google something the the effect of the job, nothing really comes up, primarily because it masked by the press coverage I'd guess, and the main shell site doesn't focus on those jobs, probably because they're sub contracts on a per project basis.

So does anyone know where I could find out about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Take a drive up there and ask at the pier. Alot of the crew changes, and tender boat work is sub contracted to locals who have invested in the boats.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

ballyglass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Could be wrong but I had thought pretty much all of the near shore scope of work there was completed.

Know a few who had done some work there. Were working for Sinbad Marine Services

They may be able to point you in the right direction.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

Advertisement