Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking and feet development

Options
  • 30-09-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

My 13 month old started walking about 3 weeks ago and is flying around the place, a confident walker, I however have noticed one foot appears to fall inwards, not as straight on ground as the other foot,it doesn't seem to affect his walking or throw him offside but should I expect this in a new walker and hopefully it changes as he gets stronger on his feet? or should i get it checked out with gp etc? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Rose35 wrote: »
    My 13 month old started walking about 3 weeks ago and is flying around the place, a confident walker, I however have noticed one foot appears to fall inwards, not as straight on ground as the other foot,it doesn't seem to affect his walking or throw him offside but should I expect this in a new walker and hopefully it changes as he gets stronger on his feet? or should i get it checked out with gp etc? Thanks in advance.

Our first guy had a foot that came out of the womb almost sideways - PHN said you could see it had been twisted up at a very odd angle inside. It stayed sideways till he started standing, and then gradually started to flatten down. For a while it twisted in quite a strange way when he walked, but after a year of running around, you'd never know. We were happy to let nature take its course as we'd been assured there was nothing wrong anatomically, it was just uneven muscle development which would correct itself in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Same problem here my mans foot turned outward. Got it checked and they said its fine and within normal range, but it's always best to get it checked out to make sure

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I'd get it checked or mention it to PHN to be on safe side but would guess it isn't anything to worry about. My toddler walked for months on her tip toes only with one foot turned inwards. It corrected itself eventually. She could still end up a bit pigeon toed like myself though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

The more I look at him walking, i just see different things all the time, i will mention it to gp at 13 months immunisation visit next week just to be on safe side. Dont know if im just expecting too much (perfectly placed feet after only 3 weeks walking,poor man).
    Thanks.

Advertisement