Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green pipe buried in garden

• 30-09-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭

I was digging a hole close to the boundary wall over the weekend when I found a green pipe about 6" down running parallel to the wall.

20ksm80.jpg

It's 14mm diameter and there are no markings
    The house is 30 years old and we moved in a few years ago. We didn't put it there.

I don't need to move it so I'm going to leave it where it is but I was wondering if anyone could tell from the pic what was liklely to be in it originally electric cables/gas/something else? It's more of a pipe than conduit so I don't think it's cables. Previous owners had a gas barbeque on the other side of the garden so I don't think it's gas.
    It's possible it's just dumped there and doesn't actually go anywhere/do anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Its not a bit of buried garden hose is it?

Or is it in line with a shed and kitchen, maybe its an old gas pipe where the bottlegas was used and the bottle kept in the shed or where a shed may have been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thanks Cerastes and Billy.

The pipe seems too rigid to be garden hose. An oil pipe would make sense however if the house originally had an oil burner instead of gas.

Advertisement