Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Heuston to Maynooth Business Campus

Options
  • 30-09-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering what's best way to get to Maynooth business campus from Dublin Heuston station?
    Bus 66 is the only way? Bus stop is close?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

66 or 67, 66 better due to a shorter route and the closest stop.

Last official stop is opposite Kingsbry on the Straffan Road, but the driver may let you stay on till Esso and its a walk from there over the motorway bridge.

67 - get off at the second Lawrence Avenue / Celbridge Road stop (behind Maxol) and walk, longer walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Arrow train service is your other option

siochain wrote: »
    Arrow train service is your other option

Not from Heuston its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

MYOB wrote: »
    Not from Heuston its not.

Thanks MYOB, I'll have to go to Conolly if I would like to take a train.
    This might sound silly, but I'm not familiar with that area - if I decide to go by train then where can I get the taxi nearby the station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

sebphoto wrote: »
    This might sound silly, but I'm not familiar with that area - if I decide to go by train then where can I get the taxi nearby the station?
    Get the Luas outside Heuston to Connolly. Quickest way to get their.

• Advertisement

Call Express Cabs as you leave Louisa Bridge and ask for one to come for you. Otherwise, over the canal bridge, walk past the ICA hall / building site and turn in to the carpark on the right and they're in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Call Express Cabs as you leave Louisa Bridge and ask for one to come for you. Otherwise, over the canal bridge, walk past the ICA hall / building site and turn in to the carpark on the right and they're in there.
    Surely the 66 is the better option as its one bus and a short walk as against Luas, train, taxi?

If you do go from Connolly why would you go to Louisa Bridge instead of Maynooth? Depending on the time the OP could get the Sligo train direct to Maynooth, from Connolly.

It's also possible to go on the train from Heuston to Celbridge and get a taxi to Maynooth, particularly as a few of the taxi guys in Celbridge use Hailo.

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Surely the 66 is the better option as its one bus and a short walk as against Luas, train, taxi?

If you do go from Connolly why would you go to Louisa Bridge instead of Maynooth? Depending on the time the OP could get the Sligo train direct to Maynooth, from Connolly.

It's also possible to go on the train from Heuston to Celbridge and get a taxi to Maynooth, particularly as a few of the taxi guys in Celbridge use Hailo.

It is.

I never said about getting off at Louisa, just using it as an indication time to call for a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I never said about getting off at Louisa, just using it as an indication time to call for a taxi.
    :D
    I took that as the OP getting off the train and leaving Louisa, not the train itself leaving Louisa

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is about a 15-20 minute walk from the train station in Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Peppa Pig wrote: »

Does the 66 not take longer to get to maynooth from lucan village than the 67 by around 5 or 10 minutes? Ive gotten both to maynooth a couple of times and 66 always seemed longer.

Id take either the 66 or 67 though. It gives you more options in a way when youre commuting. If you miss one bus, youve a bus 10 minutes later (although the 66 and 67 generally play a game of catch up and overtake each other).

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

ken wrote: »
    Get the Luas outside Heuston to Connolly. Quickest way to get their.

I meant Maynooth :)
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    It is about a 15-20 minute walk from the train station in Maynooth.

You mean from train station in Maynooth to Maynooth Business Campus?

@Scortho so how long it takes to get to Maynooth by bus?

Thanks everyone for such quick feedback!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes I do:)

Scortho wrote: »
    Does the 66 not take longer to get to maynooth from lucan village than the 67 by around 5 or 10 minutes? Ive gotten both to maynooth a couple of times and 66 always seemed longer.

Id take either the 66 or 67 though. It gives you more options in a way when youre commuting. If you miss one bus, youve a bus 10 minutes later (although the 66 and 67 generally play a game of catch up and overtake each other).

I've always found the 67 far slower particularly at school and work peaks

I meant Maynooth :)

You mean from train station in Maynooth to Maynooth Business Campus?

@Scortho so how long it takes to get to Maynooth by bus?

Thanks everyone for such quick feedback!

Generally it takes me 45-50 minutes from Westmorland st to the bridge in celbridge so I'd add on an extra 15 minutes to get to maynooth. However I have gotten to their in 35 minutes a number of times.
    All depends on the amount of traffic and amount of stopping and starting etc. for passengers and red lights
    What time are you due in maynooth for.
    If it's nine I'd be getting either the 66 that leaves Westmorland st at 723 or the 67 that leaves it at 7:33.
    Both should have you there in around an hour. Try both and see which is fastest.
    Traffic at 8:15 in the morning in celbridge would be light enough.

I've always found the 67 far slower particularly at school and work peaks

It's funny I'm the opposite.
    The advantage that the 67 has is that it doesn't pass through both main streets of celbridge and maynooth whereas the 66 passes through the main street of leixlip and maynooth.

Advertisement