Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lemlin wrote: »
    In each game. So less than 3 goals in each.

Over 2.5 goals is 11/10 tomorrow so you would be losing out if you cashed in.
    You're current getting about 6/5.
    And you shouldn't be doing a double if you were going to cash in at a loss in terms of value.

My 2c, if you were looking for advice in the first place :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

This cash in my bet is one of the best things the bookies have created in recent years. Makes a killing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    Over 2.5 goals is 11/10 tomorrow so you would be losing out if you cashed in.
    You're current getting about 6/5.
    And you shouldn't be doing a double if you were going to cash in at a loss in terms of value.

My 2c, if you were looking for advice in the first place :)

I'm leaving it in. I'm sure I'll survive without the €8.80 if it loses.

Might cash in tomorrow night if City or Chelsea get a first half goal.

roryc wrote: »
    This cash in my bet is one of the best things the bookies have created in recent years. Makes a killing.

What's the general cash out discount/saving for ye, about 20-25%?
    The 3.91 represents 19.55/20, would you have gotten it for 6/5 (to give the 20ish %)

Anyway, that's the last betting post from me. It's getting a bit "one topiced" even for me.

Probably 15-20%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Lads anyone good with computers here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Lads anyone good with computers here?

Whats up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Whats up?

There is a particular website I use regularly. I use both phone and laptop to view it. In the last couple of days I have been unable to connect to it. I have tried a number of browsers both all say it cannot connect. At first I thought the website is down but I was able to go on it at a friends house today. So I presume it is down to the router I have. Anyone any ideas how to solve it?

*100's of onlookers wonder*

Can you let us know what website you are trying to get onto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

There is a particular website I use regularly. I use both phone and laptop to view it. In the last couple of days I have been unable to connect to it. I have tried a number of browsers both all say it cannot connect. At first I thought the website is down but I was able to go on it at a friends house today. So I presume it is down to the router I have. Anyone any ideas how to solve it?

UPC issue? I wonder were your friends houses on different internet providers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What colour is the computer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Use this link to check

http://www.isup.me/

If this site reports as up then you are blocked for some reason.

It might be an ISP problem. Can i ask if the site is a torrent tracker or filesharing website? Several Irish ISPs have begun blocking these websites lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Have you tried turning off the computer, then on?

Denver could try that.... 36-0 down in the Super Bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's all about the Wildcats to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Happy betting folks.

Rory, I think we both know what you are trying to do here.

1 week ban.

So Lemlin and RoryC, both of you have been issued with 1-week bans recently.

That's strike one each.

The next time I feel either of you is attempting to troll or bait the other, it will be a 1 month ban.

If that does not work, it will be a season ban or even a permaban.

You are both good contributors, but I have absolutely no problem in permabanning either of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »

Which one are you???:pac:
    Proper Cavan man, "do ya think we're getting those 85 euros that fúckin handy"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Driving test tomorrow at 1.

Say a few Hail Marys for me please lads.

• Advertisement

Which one are you???:pac:
    Proper Cavan man, "do ya think we're getting those 85 euros that fúckin handy"?

The lad in the vid that posted it on Facebook was from Drumkeernan, sounds a bit more like a Leitrim than Cavan accent too.

Hard to escape a cliché though :)

BNMC wrote: »
    Driving test tomorrow at 1.

Say a few Hail Marys for me please lads.
    Failed for the third time.

Jeeshhus Chrisshht of almighty. :mad:

Failed for the third time.

Jeeshhus Chrisshht of almighty. :mad:

Have you tried a different test centre? Few friends of mine from the Meath/Dublin border changed from Finglas and passed first time in Navan.

Might be worth a try.

No, same centre every time. I know the town like the back of my hand at this stage. Pretest lesson was faultless according to my instructor. I was pretty confident going in but the nerves go to me again. The formal nature of it all puts me off big time.

4 grade 2s. 1 grade 3.

Another €175 down the swanny. :(

No, same centre every time. I know the town like the back of my hand at this stage. Pretest lesson was faultless according to my instructor. I was pretty confident going in but the nerves go to me again. The formal nature of it all puts me off big time.

4 grade 2s. 1 grade 3.

Another €175 down the swanny. :(

Unlucky it took me 3 attempts to pass. First time pure nerves, still remember the leg hopping doing the 3 point turn. 2nd just made a silly mistake and then in the 3rd I had the break light stop working in the lesson beforehand so got my worrying out of the way in the mad scramble to get it fixed.

Coincidently it was a different center 3rd time. It's some awful pain though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I failed my first time.

Haven't been back since.

****. All of 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

34 x's on my first attempt at it , 9 on the second then only 1 3rd time round

50c lucky 15, anytime goalscorer :
    puncheon
    lallana
    mitroglu
    hooper
    for the craic.

Paddy Power are offering 13s for suarez to score, Arsenal to win, and 12s on giroud to score, Liverpool to win. Sneaky 5er on both.

I made it to the end of season 3 of Boardwalk Empire last night and
    holy smokes but the last 2 episodes were brilliant, especially the 2nd last when Al shows up! Richard Harrow is fantastic too and Gyp one of the most psycho "big bads" I've seen in TV.

Onto season 4, it's just a pity the DVD only went up to season 3!

I just realised I didn't do any bets for tomorrow..

Nice one for reminding me ;-)

292903.png

If Suarez doesn't score I'll lose that fiver, if he does I get it back..

10 mins or so to find out!

• Advertisement

Suarez didn't score, but neither did Villa so that nullifies those two..

Sunderland lost -€5.00

Cardiff is my only hope at profit today :(

Danger781 wrote: »
    Cardiff is my only hope at profit today :(

Well, balls.

Watched that Oblivion film with Tom Cruise last night on Sky Premiere.

Nothing fantastic but thought it was decent enough. That said, parts of the plot were easy to foresee.

Any bets down this week lads?

Threw 30 yoyos on Liverpool(-2.0)

Potential returns of €108 :pac:

Is this story actually serious - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/four-players-banned-iranian-women-national-team-failing-144334186--sow.html

Four men on the womens Iranian National team. National team.

Gender test= drop the hand!!

Story seems pretty legit on first reading, mad stuff.

Jeez Cork is just about standing lads. UCC are after cancelling lectures while also making people stay in doors wherever they are on a sorta lockdown.Trees, tiles and stuff down everywhere, wild!

On the bus fleeing now and the power is out at home so don't fret if ye miss me later :pac:

Once it doesn't affect tonight's games I don't care!

As a side note it's been windy as f**k over here in Spain the last few days.

it's been windy as f**k over here in Spain the last few days.

oCbr86Y.jpg

Jeez Cork is just about standing lads. UCC are after cancelling lectures while also making people stay in doors wherever they are on a sorta lockdown.Trees, tiles and stuff down everywhere, wild!

On the bus fleeing now and the power is out at home so don't fret if ye miss me later :pac:

You go to UCC??

• Advertisement

You go to UCC??

I do indeed. Were you around campus yesterday?

Just found out a friend had part of a tree fall on her car too. The college should have been closed well before 2!

I do indeed. Were you around campus yesterday?

Just found out a friend had part of a tree fall on her car too. The college should have been closed well before 2!

I was! Although I am primarily in the Western Gateway Building.. That or Starbucks :D

I was! Although I am primarily in the Western Gateway Building.. That or Starbucks :D

There was a few of us walking from the main rest to the geography building at about 1:40 just before the warning. Great craic :pac:

Just watched this on my break in work! if you enjoyed The Wire you might like this! I thought it was great! Crazy documentary!

Looks mental, off to go and "buy" or "rent" it....

About to be a penalty shoot-out in the the Winter Olympics Ice-Hockey between USA and Russia for those interested. On BBC. Never seen one before myself unless the Simpsons counts :pac:

About to be a penalty shoot-out in the the Winter Olympics Ice-Hockey between USA and Russia for those interested. On BBC. Never seen one before myself unless the Simpsons counts :pac:

Surely you've watched The Mighty Ducks at some stage in your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I played once a penalty shoot-out in a play-off game qualifying for the final four of the South East France (2nd level under 17 category). I didn't score mine but we made it 1-0 out of 7 penalties :rolleyes: :D. It was a game where we came back 4-4 (from 0-4) in the 3rd period (0-3 ; 0-1 ; 4-0 ;; 0-0 ;;; 1-0). I did score the equalising goal though :D. Great memory !!!

TJ Oshie is really impressive with his penalty shootings. So calm. He skates real slow to the goalie and then fires lightning shots after many tricks. Woah :eek: ! Top class. Kovalchuk's not bad too. What a game that was anyway. If they meet again in the semis or the final what a game it shall be !

iroced wrote: »
    I played once a penalty shoot-out in a play-off game qualifying for the final four of the South East France (2nd level under 17 category). I didn't score mine but we made it 1-0 out of 7 penalties :rolleyes: :D. It was a game where we came back 4-4 (from 0-4) in the 3rd period (0-3 ; 0-1 ; 4-0 ;; 0-0 ;;; 1-0). I did score the equalising goal though :D. Great memory !!!

TJ Oshie is really impressive with his penalty shootings. So calm. He skates real slow to the goalie and then fires lightning shots after many tricks. Woah :eek: ! Top class. Kovalchuk's not bad too. What a game that was anyway. If they meet again in the semis or the final what a game it shall be !

This is what I love about the Winter Olympics though, watching all these sports that I normally wouldn't. I know Ice-Hockey is far from obscure but still I really enjoyed that game today. I though Russia were the better team but I guess they didn't convert the chances they had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

This is what I love about the Winter Olympics though, watching all these sports that I normally wouldn't. I know Ice-Hockey is far from obscure but still I really enjoyed that game today. I though Russia were the better team but I guess they didn't convert the chances they had.

Yeah it was a real exciting game for a group phase game. Russia was unlucky. They scored a brilliant winner (a top corner super slap shot) which was disallowed because the goal had moved on the previous action. That was the right call by the rules. Quite harsh though since it was a very minor move which didn't really have any impact for the goal to be scored...

Advertisement