Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Wolf of Wall Street for me tonight.

Watched Rush the other night. It was good. James Hunt must have been the George Best of F1 drivers!

My earliest memory of Firmula One is Ayrton Senna's death. I used to be big into it back in the 90s but don't follow it at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Lemlin wrote: »
    Wolf of Wall Street for me tonight.

Watched Rush the other night. It was good. James Hunt must have been the George Best of F1 drivers!

My earliest memory of Firmula One is Ayrton Senna's death. I used to be big into it back in the 90s but don't follow it at all now.

Heard Rush is very god alright but i've given it a wide berth so far as i find formula one painstakingly boring! I'm sure the film is far from watching an actual race but i'm like that!

Have just started watching Sons of Anarchy, not sure why i waited so log to give it a look as i'm only half way through season 1 and think it's great! I was crying out for a new boxed set to watch too! That'll be me for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Heard Rush is very god alright but i've given it a wide berth so far as i find formula one painstakingly boring! I'm sure the film is far from watching an actual race but i'm like that!

Have just started watching Sons of Anarchy, not sure why i waited so log to give it a look as i'm only half way through season 1 and think it's great! I was crying out for a new boxed set to watch too! That'll be me for the night!

Yeah I caught up on Sons of Anarchy there before Xmas, it's very good alright. I'm now on to the Season 4 finale of Boardwalk Empire so I'll be looking for something new next week after I watch it.

Was thinking House of Cards as I haven't seen the first season yet and saw the ads for Season 2 there earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rush is very good and I ain't an F1 fan at all,really enjoyed it.

Yeah I caught up on Sons of Anarchy there before Xmas, it's very good alright. I'm now on to the Season 4 finale of Boardwalk Empire so I'll be looking for something new next week after I watch it.

Was thinking House of Cards as I haven't seen the first season yet and saw the ads for Season 2 there earlier.

You'll be looking for something new after Series 5 of Boardwalk too. It's the last series.

• Advertisement

You'll be looking for something new after Series 5 of Boardwalk too. It's the last series.

Are you serious??? It's only starting to take off!!

Are you serious??? It's only starting to take off!!

I'm afraid so:

http://tvline.com/2014/01/09/boardwalk-empire-cancelled-season-5-last-ending/

“After much discussion with my creative team and HBO, we’ve decided to wrap the series after such a great run and look forward to bringing it to a powerful and exciting conclusion,” series creator Terence Winter said in a statement.

Just finished the Season 4 finale now for BE
    Feck it anyway! It was a logical conclusion for him but he's got to have been one of my favourite ever characters. I just knew it was coming though. To be fair it was an epic sendoff all the same
    :(

I can understand why it would end soon but I'd have said it had at least 2 more seasons in it.

Anyway I'm now in that period of sadness and confusion over what to watch next yet being able to read all the wiki info and find out everything I wanted about the actors and characters without fear of being spoiled :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't know if many follow Athletics here and the media impact it had in Ireland and UK but Lavillenie beating Bubka pole vault WR is quite some achievement.

Love the guy to the right of Bubka showing the margin Lavillenie had on his successful 6m16 attempt :D.

Mother of God, the Irish accents in Sons of Anarchy are absolutely appalling haha! Proper "top of the morning ta ya" jobs! Yanks and Aussies playing Paddy's! Surely they could have gotten at least one or two Irish into the cast or at least had some Northies over there to voice coach them!

Makes for painful viewing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The guy who plays Galen O'Shay is actually Irish and even his Irish accent is crap.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    The guy who plays Galen O'Shay is actually Irish and even his Irish accent is crap.

he hasn't come into it yet i must keep an eye/ear out for him though! I'm only on season 3. i'd nearly give up on the series watching this shite but i've been assured it comes good again next season so i'll stick it out as i was enjoying it up until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

smothering with the man flu :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Same :( I've assignments due tomorrow so I'll have to work with it. Flat 7up FTW!

Same :( I've assignments due tomorrow so I'll have to work with it. Flat 7up FTW!

Not even lying... i genuinely think going out for a swallow of pints cures man flu right up! After a few pints the sick feeling leaves you and the next day you will suffer with a hangover but that will be all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

+1 on going drinking

Last time I had of a cold / flu I went out for a few drinks with the lads, woke up feeling fantastic the next day

What a game of rugby between Italy and Scotland. Scotland drop goal at the death to win 21-20. Who says Scotland and Italy can't be exciting. Great entertainment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What a game of rugby between Italy and Scotland. Scotland drop goal at the death to win 21-20. Who says Scotland and Italy can't be exciting. Great entertainment!

It was absolutely terrible though up till the last 20 mins. Great last quarter alright but the rest was muck

Danger781 wrote: »
    +1 on going drinking

Last time I had of a cold / flu I went out for a few drinks with the lads, woke up feeling fantastic the next day

Im off the drink until rag week

Anything to be said about an FSA beers in Gibraltar, I'm sure Rory will put us up :pac:

• Advertisement

Im off the drink until rag week

Rag week. Two words that always bring back find memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anything to be said about an FSA beers in Gibraltar, I'm sure Rory will put us up :pac:

Game is on in Faro in the Algarve.

Popular week for cheap package holidays I'd say.

+1

Bollixed. Going drinking not an option either as have to look after a hyper 1 year old...

FHFC wrote: »
    Game is on in Faro in the Algarve.

Popular week for cheap package holidays I'd say.

My most hated airport. Was over there in Vilamoura in 07, big spot for golf, and got delayed 8 hours in the place on the way home. Worse still they didn't know how long the delay would be at the time so we had to wait around.

Luis Figo has a decent bar on one of the strips over there.

+1

Bollixed. Going drinking not an option either as have to look after a hyper 1 year old...

Right. Couch. Blanket. Newcastle Villa on the Ipad, Liverpool Swansea on the laptop and Third and Bird on the telly.

A wee Hot whisky would complete the picture maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Right. Couch. Blanket. Newcastle Villa on the Ipad, Liverpool Swansea on the laptop and Third and Bird on the telly.

A wee Hot whisky would complete the picture maybe.

Choking here as well, going try an irish coffee

Some battle in the WGC Golf Matchplay final between Jason Day and Victor Dubuisson. Sudden death into the 21st hole now. Dooby performing minor miracles to stay in it right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Hope Vdubs can win it out, never liked Day.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Hope Vdubs can win it out, never liked Day.

I wouldn't begrudge him the win after his heroics but I've been a Day man since he came close in the Masters the 1st time about 3 years ago now? His caddy has been annoying though today!

• Advertisement

Random one, how would ye rank sports in terms of your interest in them?

I'd go:
    Football
    Golf
    Rugby
    Boxing
    Darts
    Hurling
    Horse racing
    Gaelic football
    Snooker
    Tennis
    American football

Tough to pick! Gaelic & hurling would have been much higher when I was younger.

I wouldn't begrudge him the win after his heroics but I've been a Day man since he came close in the Masters the 1st time about 3 years ago now? His caddy has been annoying though today!

Yeah, betting wise I would go for Day a bit, will be backing him for the masters although his price will be gone now. Always thought he comes across a bit arrogant though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I'd go:
    Football
    Golf
    Rugby
    Boxing
    Darts
    Hurling
    Horse racing
    Gaelic football
    Snooker
    Tennis
    American football

Gaelic Football
    Soccer
    Rugby
    Hurling
    Darts
    Boxing
    Snooker
    Golf
    Horse Racing
    American Football

Yeah, betting wise I would go for Day a bit, will be backing him for the masters although his price will be gone now. Always thought he comes across a bit arrogant though.

Yeah I had a look a few weeks back and he was in the 20s down to 18/1 earlier. I'm hoping he might drift again before it starts, even if it's just back into the 20s. I'll keep backing him in the majors, bound to win one at some point! Maybe a little alright, but I think he's a genuinely nice guy if you cut past that.

Was lucky enough to get on Dufner @40/1 in the US PGA all €1 I had on him :P

That was a great match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Football
    American football (NFL and college)
    Basketball (NBA)

Those would be the main three for me and take up a huge amount of my viewing time. When the seasons are in full swing I would watch 5 or 6 full Premier League games, 2 college American football games, 3 NFL games and an NBA game at the weekend so that doesn't leave much time for others.

Big boxing and UFC events would be next for me alongside golf and snooker majors all those with equal interst really.

Anything else such as rugby, tennis, formula one, horse racing, athletics, darts and GAA etc I would watch the odd big game/events but wouldn't follow it closely.

I watch far, far too much sport though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Golf
    Football
    GAA
    Rugby
    Boxing

Are the main ones for me, to be honest, FPL has helped football jump up that list.

I'll watch everything else but those are my top 5 in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I'd go:
    Football
    Golf
    Rugby
    Boxing
    Darts
    Hurling
    Horse racing
    Gaelic football
    Snooker
    Tennis
    American football

Golf
    Football
    Hurling
    Cycling
    Gaelic football
    American football
    Darts
    Horse racing
    Snooker
    Tennis
    Rugby
    Boxing

I have no interest in the bottom 4 whatsoever. I have an interest in American Football and used to watch it when I was younger but don't get to watch it now. I added in cycling in 4th spot.

Fav sports to watch in order

Hurling
    Rugby
    Cricket
    Soccer
    Gaelic Football
    Darts
    Golf
    Anything at the Olympics
    Athletics
    Tennis
    Rugby League
    Aussie Rules
    American Football

E-Gone :(

m5S2wSk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd go:
    Football
    Golf
    Rugby
    Boxing
    Darts
    Hurling
    Horse racing
    Gaelic football
    Snooker
    Tennis
    American football

Football
    Hurling
    cricket
    rugby
    Athletics/olympics
    tennis
    are the only sports Id watch dont think Ive ever watched a full gaelic football match.

KevIRL wrote: »
    E-Gone :(

Awh :( Very sad news! Dr Egon Spengler has crossed over to the other side!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Seeking refuge in here from the evils that are DGW,Blank weeks,29,30,31....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

soccer
    GAA/Hurling
    Rallying
    F1
    Rugby

My top 5

Anyone know of any good deals on Bulmers , bottles or cans I don't mind. Need to stock up for RAG week next week!

Anyone know of any good deals on Bulmers , bottles or cans I don't mind. Need to stock up for RAG week next week!

Where? 8 cans for a 10r in the off licence out my way! Can't drink the stuff myself though, gives me horrible acid reflux!

Where? 8 cans for a 10r in the off licence out my way! Can't drink the stuff myself though, gives me horrible acid reflux!

Ah I'm in Limerick, just wondering if there's any of their supermarkets doing deals that ye may have spotted. Its 6 cans for 10er or 8 for 12 in the local off license.

You're a student, you should be drinking Druids.

You're a student, you should be drinking Druids.

You would probably only require half the amount of cans too! 6 druids has been known to cause temporary blindness! Great stuff when cash is low and getting smashed is a priority!

I know we're a week out but I'm looking forward to Cheltenham, I know nothing about horses or racing or jumping but I missed it all last year down to travelling, I'm not sure Vietnam's internet police would have even let me. Along with the majors in golf it's the only time I really allow myself a flutter. Considering I'm a student with no money it's probably a good thing but I'll have a kitty for next week :pac:

In saying that travelling Southeast Asia does sound slightly more appealing than doing about a 1/4 of my masters in the next 3 weeks :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

might be a bit late - but always good to have a phone app - BoozeDoc

http://www.mydealdoc.ie/booze-doc/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Baseball
    Soccer
    Rugby

I'll watch anything really but the above 3 are the 3 I know by far the most amount and I spend the most time watching. After that I casually follow a lot of sport (golf, tennis, F1, Hurling etc etc) but I don't support any teams or follow the tournaments regularly. But baseball is pretty much my main interest, not just sporting interest. Leaves me a lot less time for the rest!

• Advertisement
Advertisement