Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Someone tried to sign into my Google account from Taiwan last night. Google blocked them and I have now changed my password. It appears they had my old password.

Will probably change it on other things like Facebook too.

Is there anything else I need to do lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Unplug your laptop and chuck it out the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Just back from Taiwan, lovely country.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Just back from Taiwan, lovely country.

When were you there and for how long? One of the places I'd like to see.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Unplug your laptop and chuck it out the window

If I used a laptop, I might follow your advice.

They'll get fook all out of my email anyway. I use my work one for anything major.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

FutureGuy wrote: »
    When were you there and for how long? One of the places I'd like to see.

I think you missed the joke.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Danger781 wrote: »
    I think you missed the joke.. :pac:

More like he called him out on the joke, looks a risky comment to make given the Cattemole like disciplinary record involved.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    More like he called him out on the joke, looks a risky comment to make given the Cattemole like disciplinary record involved.....

lemlin thanked the post a significant step towards an unlikely ceasefire hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

And roryc obviously unblocked Lemlin. Could this be the start of something special?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads,
    Please do not discuss FSA or Soccer in the thread that says "No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

cheltenham this week.... who is having a wee flutter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Most definitely!

For sure,cannot wait tbh, bets or not it is a great 4 days racing.
    Kings Palace is my nap for the week.

If anyone gets any decent tips be sure to throw them up, ill do the same! My friend works up in the airport and whenever any of the big race festivals are on there are always trainers going through giving him tips! He actually got a couple of really good ones last year! I never bet big really myself, €20 a race max but it's only for a bit of fun i haven't a clue what i'm at really ha!

This is horrific... phone has been blowing up all morning with people looking for stuff to be done too! God damn selfish people...

lRZtIHy.jpg

• Advertisement

If anyone gets any decent tips be sure to throw them up, ill do the same! My friend works up in the airport and whenever any of the big race festivals are on there are always trainers going through giving him tips! He actually got a couple of really good ones last year! I never bet big really myself, €20 a race max but it's only for a bit of fun i haven't a clue what i'm at really ha!

€20 would be my max too. I generally stick to a tenner though.

I always find if you share a tip it never wins tbh.

One of the syndicate owners of Our Conor who won at last years festival (subsequently sold for a cool million) posts on another site I'm on. Huge jumps fan and usually goes will with his predictions. His day 1 thoughts below
    Noel Hayes wrote:
    Race 1. A very very open Supreme Novices Hurdle. So much so that Gilgamboa sacrifices a handicap opportunity off 140 in favour of this. I thought I was being a smart lad a few weeks ago by having a poke at Josses Hill 11/1 EW - 16/1 is now available that BJG has deserted him. I am basically playing pikey on this race. Will Hill have gone 5 places EW so have backed Vaotaur EW @ 7/2 and Gilgamboa EW @ 11/1. I am very negative on Irving. Were it not for the 5 place concession I would not have had another bet.

Race 2. Arse of a race. Trifolium has apparently had an awful preparation so I have to swerve him. When it all boils down despite me saying he is for taking on I am starting to think that 3/1 Champagne F is a bet, but only if you feel you really want to have a bet. I am happy to sit it out. Grandouet schooling terrible apparently so happy to leave alone also.

Race 3. When I did this race earlier Time For Rupert jumped off the page at me and I backed him at 16/1. King Massini & Tour De Champs were the other ones of interest.

Race 4. Our Conor beats The New One and Hurricane Fly.

Race 5. Quevega will win barring a mishap, 10/11 looks too big for her. The play in this race is to take the 2nd fav, Cockney Sparrow, on in every market you can - I don't believe she will stay.

Race 6. Can't see past Shutthefrontdoor or Foxrock.

Race 7. I have backed Art Of Logistics (12/1) and Manyriverstocross (10/1).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll be missing the races tomorrow thanks to pesky college but I'll have a gander and see what catches my eye. Not that I know anything nor will my bets exceed €1 but it's for one week only.

My one rule/philosophy is if in doubt go for whoever Richard Johnson is riding, purely irrational on my part. He just happened to win me a race or two a few years back when I first got into the races. Well him and Ruby :pac:

If youtube had a clip I'd be linking The Simpsons' "She's the fastest" joke.

I only ever back a horse 3 times a year, cheltenham, the irish and english grand nationals.
    €20 a day max for cheltenham is my limit.
    Here's my first effort of the day
    One can dream........

One of the syndicate owners of Our Conor who won at last years festival (subsequently sold for a cool million) posts on another site I'm on. Huge jumps fan and usually goes will with his predictions. His day 1 thoughts below

Is that BCB? He was Head of Poker at Paddy's a few years back, think he went on to work at Boyles in some sports capacity. If I remember correctly he knows his stuff. I'll post a few tips on here over the course of the week as I get them. Our Conor in the 3:20 seems a decent shout, have heard this from a few traders and you can still get 11/2...

I love being in Gibraltar for Cheltenham week. Second only to being at the races!

• Advertisement

Yep thats him rory. In some high up position in tote now.

I'm going Wicklow Brave and Vaniteux in the first. €2 e/w on both.

Watch that big money roll in ;)

Paddy power is trembling in his boots now with the first of my 6 coming in :D

Paddy power is trembling in his boots now with the first of my 6 coming in :D

I have Valdez in the second.

1st in the 1st, 2nd in the 2nd, are you worried yet mr power????

Shame the dream of €700 is over.....

2 from 3 now

3 outta four 1 winner and 2 places

My horse died.

As is ALWAYS the case paddy power had the last laugh

Gutted about our conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Gutted about our conor

I picked one horse ib the whole day and stuck a bwt on last night. Couldn't believe it when I read that hed flippin died.

Think ill stay well away from any more Cheltenham bets. :(

Happier times, what a run this was

Balls.....had Killala Quay e/w and just finished 4th outside the places!

Balls.....had Killala Quay e/w and just finished 4th outside the places!

I've given up. My ten euro didn't last long yesterday and reminded me why I stopped horse betting since college. I just don't have the time for decent research.

In college, we'd go around to the newsagents and one each would buy a paper. Then we'd study all the form and tips for the day and.....

then just look for where Ruby Walsh was running and bet on his horses all day :rolleyes:

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've given up. My ten euro didn't last long yesterday and reminded me why I stopped horse betting since college. I just don't have the time for decent research.

In college, we'd go around to the newsagents and one each would buy a paper. Then we'd study all the form and tips for the day and.....

then just look for where Ruby Walsh was running and bet on his horses all day :rolleyes:

I almost recouped today's losses with Balthazar King, still in the red from yesterday. I wouldn't do more than a tenner a day anyway.

So after winning the paltry sum of €1.13 on tuesday, yesterday the profit from cheltenham soared to over €6.50. Last night did rangers, sheff utd, wigan, psg and barca in a €2.00 accum winning €13.82, so thats todays kitty sorted :)

Thanks Lord Windermere for breaking my losing streak!! Backed him at 20/1 seconds before the off. He was last the whole way round so true to my recent form. Then the fecker went and won it.

My comeback starts here!!!!

FHFC wrote: »
    Thanks Lord Windermere for breaking my losing streak!! Backed him at 20/1 seconds before the off. He was last the whole way round so true to my recent form. Then the fecker went and won it.

My comeback starts here!!!!

I had him too @25/1 50 cent E/W see's me come out in a profit of a euro for the week :pac:

I had him too @25/1 50 cent E/W see's me come out in a profit of a euro for the week :pac:

2.5 each, my first bet since the Our Conor debacle.

Let our meteoric rise in the fpl rankings start here my friend.

No stopping us now.

Why yes, I am in a pub. What of it???

• Advertisement

Good to see aftertiming is alive and well here on FSA

Good to see aftertiming is alive and well here on FSA

Proof of my big winnings for the day :pac:

xfudk3.jpg

Ok, so had to google aftertiming but here ya go!

It was actually kinda aftertiming as I landed into the pub at 3.30 to realise the 3.20 race hadn't started cause of the 2 false starts so I stuck the bet on well after the race shoulda been started.... :D

298664.jpg

Anyone wanting a distraction from the PL this weekend and fancying a flutter, the LOI is back in town and there can be some great value available, especially if you have the odd bit of behind the scenes info.

The odds for this weekends matches are below. Some good bets are:

Harps to beat a young Cobh side who will travel from Cobh to Donegal that day, we have started well and despite missing a couple of players would be pretty confident of a win.

Cork who beat Derry away last week to overcome Bray at home.

Galway, a well financed strong team at home to Shamrock Rvrs B, who we beat 3-0 in Tallaght last week, they are essentially an U19 side, with the option to play a few first teamers if they need gametime.

Longford, big budget, strong team away to Wexford Youths who are as the name suggests a young pretty much amatuer side.

Any my favourite of all, Drogheda to beat Derry at home. Roddy Collins, the biggest bull**** artist in all of Irish football who Derry hilariously appointed as manager has got off to an awful start, lost at home last week, rumoured to have fallen out with several key players including their star Goalie who is rumoured not to be in the squad for this one, replaced by their number 2 who is our keeper from last year and very very raw at this level. Current and former players airing grievances on social media, even descending to to the comedy gold of James McClean posting on the Clubs fans forum calling people idiots. 23/10 is a massive price and all this is wonderfully entertaining to a Harps fan. :D

I've got money on Harps/Galway/Longford/Sligo accum at 5/1 or so as well as Harps/Derry/Galway which gives around 8/1

299565.png

I'm no expert but am following a thread on this on another LOI forum and these are the tips I'd highlight this week.

Hi all,

Bit off topic but for any poker players out there I've started up a new poker forum - http://pokermob.com/poker-forum/

Doing a bit of a soft launch today but if you sign up over the next month you go into a draw for some decent prizes, the main one being a £500 GUKPT Main Event seat. Anyone familiar with the Hendon Mob will know Joe Beevers and Ross & Barny Boatman, who I'll be working closely with.

Separate to poker, I'll be running a fantasy football league on the forum next season (free to enter) with some cracking prizes on offer like seats to live tournaments. Depending on interest I'll probably look into a cash league also.

Thanks

De activated activated my Facebook account two days ago, didn't delete it as I use the messenger app and need it as my son never has credit and uses that to message me .

Hopefully I can stay off the bloody thing now.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    De activated activated my Facebook account two days ago, didn't delete it as I use the messenger app and need it as my son never has credit and uses that to message me .

Hopefully I can stay off the bloody thing now.

I was off it for about 5 weeks there, the first week or so is the hardest, well it was for me anyway as i instinctively go to type facebook in to the address bar when i turn on the laptop but you snap out of that after a few days! Signed back in last weekend and i'm constantly on the thing again! Going to switch it off again tomorrow until i finish college! Such a productivity killer!

I was off it for about 5 weeks there, the first week or so is the hardest, well it was for me anyway as i instinctively go to type facebook in to the address bar when i turn on the laptop but you snap out of that after a few days! Signed back in last weekend and i'm constantly on the thing again! Going to switch it off again tomorrow until i finish college! Such a productivity killer!
    Too right it is and the bloody app is worse, constant checking for information that has no real bearing on how I go about my day.

Jesus lads, get it back!! Yas are missing such huge entertainment as the no make up selfies!!!

Lemlin wrote: »
    Jesus lads, get it back!! Yas are missing such huge entertainment as the no make up selfies!!!

Horrid event that was aside from the money part...some mares need to be forced to wear make up...

I have to say this whole no make up thing in fairness has raised a lot of money but it's also made me aware of exactly who i know that really is naturally good looking and also that average or below average women can turn themselves into stunners with a bit of slap! There are a few birds who if they took there face off the next morning i genuinely wouldn't recognise! The main thing i noticed is how tired looking they all are... false advertisement that's what i say ha!

• Advertisement
Advertisement