Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Gerry Xmas to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I wishy Santy made his own fooking presents. Building tractor was a pain last night. Have to finish it today.

No assembly items this year! :cool:

Some excitement round here though. Its class.

Happy Christmas to all of ye lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I wishy Santy made his own fooking presents. Building tractor was a pain last night. Have to finish it today.

Wait til you get to stunt bikes where the front wheel can turn arond and around - believe me, get the shop to assemble it.

Merry christmas all!

Oh who am I kidding? We just want it out of the way and 12.45 on Stephens Day to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This will be Lemlin tonight :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Got the tractor and slurry tank made eventually. Had to call in help from my experienced brother - he built two last year. He told me they took about an hour to build but finally admitted they took him half a day!

Wouldn't you know it's the one morning of the year we sit waiting for the kids to get up and they sleep in!

Merry Xmas all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

5am wake up for me.. Daughter over the moon and makes all the hassle/stress worth it.

Merry Christmas all.

A cousin was making a trampoline at 11pm in the dark last night as their kids had finally got to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Merry Christmas folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Merry Christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Happy Christmas FSAers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

All the best in 2015 guys :)

May all your captains bag braces and all your subs score winners. Best of luck lads.

Got a PS4 for Xmas and am enjoying getting back into gaming when I get the chance. I owned a 360 but Gears of War 2 was the last big release I would have played. I mainly just used it for FIFA in the end.

Got GTAV, The Last of Us and Far Cry 2 with the package from Argos. Am just playing them one at a time because I won't have much time when I'm back at work next week. Therefore it'd be too hard trying to play all three at once.

Finished the Last of Us this morning. Have to say it was excellent. Best game I've played in a long time and a great way to start my reintroduction to gaming.

Will go with Far Cry 2 next.

Got a PS4 for Xmas and am enjoying getting back into gaming when I get the chance. I owned a 360 but Gears of War 2 was the last big release I would have played. I mainly just used it for FIFA in the end.

Got GTAV, The Last of Us and Far Cry 2 with the package from Argos. Am just playing them one at a time because I won't have much time when I'm back at work next week. Therefore it'd be too hard trying to play all three at once.

Finished the Last of Us this morning. Have to say it was excellent. Best game I've played in a long time and a great way to start my reintroduction to gaming.

Will go with Far Cry 2 next.

Im stuck on Fifa can't seem to put it down, played GTA for a couple of days then a mate wanted a loan of it, might get it back for next weekend

Im stuck on Fifa can't seem to put it down, played GTA for a couple of days then a mate wanted a loan of it, might get it back for next weekend

That's exactly the reason I didn't get FIFA yet. Will cave eventually I'm sure but want to enjoy some other games in the meantime.

That's exactly the reason I didn't get FIFA yet. Will cave eventually I'm sure but want to enjoy some other games in the meantime.

all i have to do is put the disc in the box and drop it down behind something that will take time to fish it back out of :pac: and play something else instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some darts on at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

KevIRL wrote: »
    Some darts on at the mo

I'm on the Barney Army but I reckon he may panic vs Phil

pfft fifa? football manager is what the cool kids play:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cmon RVB ;)

pfft fifa? football manager is what the cool kids play:cool:

It was never as good after cm01/02

It was never as good after cm01/02

My brother says the same.05/06 would've been when I first started and have been hooked ever since.seriously addictive game, could waste away months at it.

Right lada bit of an odd one...

What order do I watch Star Wars in? I have come across it on Kodi 1-6 but 1 was made on 99 and 4 in 77 I think,seems odd to me.

I haven't seen them and want to see them in correct sequence.

dahat wrote: »

What order do I watch Star Wars in? I have come across it on Kodi 1-6 but 1 was made on 99 and 4 in 77 I think,seems odd to me.

Depends if you want to watch in order of release or in chronological order.

1-3 take place before 4-6 but were released 20 years after them as prequels.

4-6 are the far superior films.

i'd watch 4-6, as originally released, then 1-3 if you liked 4-6, and then 1-6 if you fancy coming back to them at some stage, just make sure and put a weekend aside :)

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    i'd watch 4-6, as originally released, then 1-3 if you liked 4-6, and then 1-6 if you fancy coming back to them at some stage, just make sure and put a weekend aside :)

Thanks for that.

So they started at 4 then? Really odd.

Thanks for that.

Indeed. Though i'm not sure if the storylines for 1-3 were there before 4-6 came out, if you get me! Maybe someone can clear it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thanks for that.

They just went back and added on 3 prequels which weren't all that great.

4-6 it is then, on 2-10 shift next week and wife working, kids in school so a film a day it is.

Thanks for the clear up lads.

4-6 it is then, on 2-10 shift next week and wife working, kids in school so a film a day it is.

Thanks for the clear up lads.

That's a horrible shift to be on. Although I do know time to yourself can be a premium with kids so wouldn't be too bad the odd time!

• Advertisement

That's a horrible shift to be on. Although I do know time to yourself can be a premium with kids so wouldn't be too bad the odd time!

The lonely shift I call it. Hard at times but beats the dole!

Incredible darts

brilliant from Anderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

manual_man wrote: »
    brilliant from Anderson

as brillant as anderson was taylor lost that game, dunno why he kept leaving himself 16/32 - he couldn't hit the double 8/16, dunno what the stats were but he missed about 10 darts in a row on those numbers early in the game and he just never looked like hitting them.

Day 1 of detox for me today. God I ate and drank some amount of crap over the two weeks of Xmas.

Back to running in the morning. Will see how the two week break effects me but it could be painful!

Screener season in full swing :)

Screener season in full swing :)

Anything good available?

Anything good available?

Birdman
    Unbroken
    Hobbit
    Into the woods
    American Sniper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I was disappointed with Birdman.

Watched Looper last night. Thought it was very good. One of those films I kept meaning to watch but hadn't got round to it.

My son loves Transformers and I watched Age of Extinction last week. 2 hours and 45 minutes, I thought it would never end.

• Advertisement

Got through 4-6 of Star Wars, 5 was the worst of them.

Gotta watch the prequels now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

That's some serious trolling!

Empire Strikes Back would generally be held up as one of the greatest sequels of all time and as the best of all 6 of the Star Wars films (so far, I have high hopes for Episode VII after what JJ Abrams did with the first new Star Trek film).

So to say it's the worst! On the internet of all places!?!

That's some serious trolling!

Empire Strikes Back would generally be held up as one of the greatest sequels of all time and as the best of all 6 of the Star Wars films (so far, I have high hopes for Episode VII after what JJ Abrams did with the first new Star Trek film).

So to say it's the worst! On the internet of all places!?!

I know, just didn't hold me as much as the other two, I did like when Vader and Luke fought among other bits but preferred the first film (4) by a long way.

I know, just didn't hold me as much as the other two, I did like when Vader and Luke fought among other bits but preferred the first film (4) by a long way.

The bits where Luke and Yoda are chatting can be a bit slow, but the action at the beginning of the film is fantastic and the overall tone is much better than IV or VI in my opinion. No coincidence that it's only one which George Lucas didn't direct.

You seem quite knowledgeable on them so your opinion on 1-3, worth watching?

Birdman
    Unbroken
    Hobbit
    Into the woods
    American Sniper

unbroken
    selma
    imitation game
    american sniper
    big eyes
    birdman
    Into the Woods
    The Hobbit 3
    Big Hero 6

Thats the full list of the new ones out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It's funny and I guess interesting how 20 to 30 years after your opinion is diametrically opposite to the general appreciation of these movies ;).

The whole Star Wars saga is centered around Anakin Skywalker, how he became a great jedi, how his temper led him to the Dark Side and how his children (Luke in particular) somehow helped him to redeem himself.

So if you enjoyed the IV-VI movies, the I-III are definitely worth watching. I won't go on which trilogy is the best, in my opinion you just can't compare them. Not the same time, not the same context, not the same expectations. It's also a bit of a weird thing since you know how it's gonna end (especially episode III).

No, unless you're really interested. And that's as someone who went to see all three of them in the cinema.

I suppose interest alone in seeing how they look with a modern touch will make me watch the first trilogy. Definitely not as keen as I imagined I would be.

• Advertisement

They're not a patch on the originals IMO. Hopefully Abrahams can restore the series to its glory.

Advertisement