Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Provisional license applied for. The roads of west limerick are said to be "no longer safe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ireland win the toss and will bat first v Pakistan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cricket, F1 and MMA fun night to be staying up for some sport!

Early wicket :( stirling gone for just 3

3 gone now. Need to steady the ship

• Advertisement

Great knock Porterfield. Real captain stuff. Pity we haven't managed to get a decent partnership with him though. So far anyway

Review. Looks plumb though

Inside edge. Phew

238 the target then. Reckon its about 30-40 too short for even an outside chance.

A few early wickets though...

A deserved win for Pakistan. Such a pity that they didn't beat West Indies earlier in the tournament though!

Great tournament for Ireland, but they will be disappointed not to make the knock out stage. Fantastic achievement to be in with a great shout up to the final game though even more so when you consider our poor bowling attack. 2007, 2011, and now 2015. Its no fluke, we deserve to be at this level, please don't unfairly restrict us for 201

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Former forum favourite Roysten Drenthe scored a cracking free kick over the weekend.
    http://gfycat.com/ImpressionableSereneArcherfish

Rugby eh? Bloody hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Iroced was nearly not welcome back, what were France up to in overtime:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Rugby eh? Bloody hell

Some end to it. Unbelievable day. They should do this every year!

Lemlin wrote: »
    Some end to it. Unbelievable day. They should do this every year!

They do. The final day is always 3 games back to back. Just not always with so many teams in with a shout of winning it.

They do. The final day is always 3 games back to back. Just not always with so many teams in with a shout of winning it.

I meant the whole score difference angle. I know about the 3 game back to back thing - I unfortunately remember Paddys Day 2007 when chasing an extra try against Italy but then conceding one cost us dearly.

I thought Madigan's miss and Sexton's two might cost us today.

I meant the whole score difference angle. I know about the 3 game back to back thing - I unfortunately remember Paddys Day 2007 when chasing an extra try against Italy but then conceding one cost us dearly.

I thought Madigan's miss and Sexton's two might cost us today.

Score difference applies each year too when teams finish level? Think I am completely missing something here....

Score difference applies each year too when teams finish level? Think I am completely missing something here....

I basically meant its a pity not every year ends like this with all the drama. Never seen a day of rugby with teams just going for it like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

They should bring bonus pts for 4 tries into the 6 nations like the Heineken cup.

Then you might end up with the winners of a grand Slam losing the title. The rules are fine, it's the mindset of players and managers that needs to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pretty much every sport would be the same if you had a "highest scorer wins" day.

Imagine a Hurling/GAA/Soccer day like that. Would be great viewing, but wouldn't be very fair unfortunately (as in the best team mightn't win the title, just the one with the weakest final day opposition).

We got quite lucky that we were playing Scotland on the final day rather than France. Imagine if the roles were reversed, England could have done some serious damage against Scotland.

Have organised a swap for FIFA on PS4. Looking forward to the manager mode with Blackburn.

Anyone recommend any good young players to pick up cheap when I start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anyone interested in a couple of tickets for the Poland match on Sunday PM me?

First driving lesson booked :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

First driving lesson booked :P

Finished my 12th last week. :)

Word of advice, book two hours at a go, time flies when learning.
    Great fun too.
    Kicking myself for not doing it years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I unfortunately remember Paddys Day 2007 when chasing an extra try against Italy but then conceding one cost us dearly.
    Ah the good old days of an attractive and winning French team... Don't want to rub salt but Vincent Clerc last min try in Croke Park was decisive too :p.

Sorry for bringing back the bad memories my Irish friends but the French game I've seen tonight after this year 6N has me depressed with the level of "disablement" the 2 major French sports teams currently have :( :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

iroced wrote: »
    Ah the good old days of an attractive and winning French team... Don't want to rub salt but Vincent Clerc last min try in Croke Park was decisive too :p.

Sorry for bringing back the bad memories my Irish friends but the French game I've seen tonight after this year 6N has me depressed with the level of "disablement" the 2 major French sports teams currently have :( :rolleyes:...

A bit like the Irish team under Jack Charlton you will have to start making use of the granny rule!

That, or take up hurling. :pac:

One for my fellow Mick fans.....epic!

http://balls.ie/football/mick-mccarthy-landslide-lookalike-32434/

Meanwhile in an even weirder part of the Internet Finn Harps manage to annoy One Direction fans, always a worthy thing to do... :D

http://balls.ie/football/4352342-finn-harps-make-enemies-of-one-direction-fans-with-this-very-sincere-offer/

The soup is mental good though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

F1ngers wrote: »
    Finished my 12th last week. :)

Word of advice, book two hours at a go, time flies when learning.
    Great fun too.
    Kicking myself for not doing it years ago.

I didn't know you could become a moderator without even having a driving license:D
    book two hours at a go, time flies when learning

And it stops when you are doing your test.

The longest 30 minutes of my life;)

Good luck to both of you, driving a car makes you free. And broke, too...

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    And it stops when you are doing your test.

The longest 30 minutes of my life;)

Good luck to both of you, driving a car makes you free. And broke, too...

Would agree re the test. I was very well prepped for mine but the tester was an arrogant arsehole. For some reason when he got into the car, he asked me to take off the seat cover on his seat! My instructor that gave me lessons couldn't even understand that.

That made me even more nervous. Before the test though, a girl sitting beside me outside the office was rabbiting on to me, while we were waiting to be called, about how she was chancing her arm at the top of her voice and that she didn't mind having to repeat!

I, on the other hand, loudly rebuked that it was vital that I got the test for my job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

On driving I rear ended someone in 2006 nothing overly serious in my eyes but claim was settled only recently. €45k with total cost over €100k as her husband as claimed for the car I damaged as he owned it.

The car was written off after the chassis was found to be out by 0.88mm. Yes that's correct, unreal.

I had two cars at that time a 2003 1.4 3dr Corolla and a Corolla T-Sport,190 bhp
    I loved both those but never liked driving thereafter as I believe she eggagerated massively but as I was in the wrong I couldn't complain.

Any sort of accident/tip will cost you greatly so be careful on the roads. Don't own a car now as I drive the Mrs car when needed,such prefer the bycycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

dahat wrote: »
    On driving I rear ended someone in 2006 nothing overly serious in my eyes but claim was settled only recently. €45k with total cost over €100k as her husband as claimed for the car I damaged as he owned it.

The car was written off after the chassis was found to be out by 0.88mm. Yes that's correct, unreal.

I had two cars at that time a 2003 1.4 3dr Corolla and a Corolla T-Sport,190 bhp
    I loved both those but never liked driving thereafter as I believe she eggagerated massively but as I was in the wrong I couldn't complain.

Any sort of accident/tip will cost you greatly so be careful on the roads. Don't own a car now as I drive the Mrs car when needed,such prefer the bycycle.

I was in a crash in 2010 (my fault!) and it's still not settled. The other driver is making all kind of claims that simply aren't true. Very frustrating.

I was in a crash in 2010 (my fault!) and it's still not settled. The other driver is making all kind of claims that simply aren't true. Very frustrating.

Typical car crash lottery claims. They always won out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Failed my first test, tester said i'll never pass a test.... Failed my second test.... Third time lucky, and it was the same tester as the first failed effort.

Here is how the sheet looked from the first try :eek::eek:

ThBWvHk.jpg

It's 20, yes that's TWENTY, years since I passed my test. Holy fugg. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

See these new novice plates you need for 2 years after you pass your test? I don't get them at all. Surely if you've passed the test you're a good enough driver.

Even then one person could do 100000km in them 2 years and another could not drive again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Failed my first test, tester said i'll never pass a test.... Failed my second test.... Third time lucky, and it was the same tester as the first failed effort.

Here is how the sheet looked from the first try :eek::eek:

ThBWvHk.jpg

You'd have flown it if it wasn't for those pesky left turns..... What the hell happened there! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

This is just class altogether....

Aaron Baddeley got a birdie on the par-4 17th in Valero Texas Open yesterday after putting his drive out of bounds!!

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/aaron-baddeley-makes-hole-in-one-par-4-hole-sort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

PARlance wrote: »
    You'd have flown it if it wasn't for those pesky left turns..... What the hell happened there! :)

left turns right turns and on the straight...... if only it was a continuous bend id have been grand

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

left turns right turns and on the straight...... if only it was a continuous bend id have been grand

Sounds like you were going round in circles :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Failed the first one myself thanks to "Progress" which was a balls as I think I took it to the extreme. Being a young lad I decided to drive like a 90 year old.

It wasn't helped by the fact that some absolute idiot 50 meters ahead started to reverse all the way down the road towards me. He had missed his turn so the only way this fool knew was to reverse all the way back.... I just stopped and blasted the horn.
    Failed by one X and picked up one for that :(

PARlance wrote: »
    Failed the first one myself thanks to "Progress" which was a balls as I think I took it to the extreme. Being a young lad I decided to drive like a 90 year old.

It wasn't helped by the fact that some absolute idiot 50 meters ahead started to reverse all the way down the road towards me. He had missed his turn so the only way this fool knew was to reverse all the way back.... I just stopped and blasted the horn.
    Failed by one X and picked up one for that

One of the lad i know in college was failed on progress too, he was doing 45 in a 50 but it was a straight open road so cars were queuing up behind him...

Hayley on SSN now...feckin hell, what a mare.

Hayley on SSN now...feckin hell, what a mare.
    :)

Survived the first lesson :P "Pump the girlfriend and not the brake! " :P

Departures lounge Dublin Airport heading to the Utd game....

Can't bloody wait

Departures lounge Dublin Airport heading to the Villa game....

Can't bloody wait

Enjoy lad. Keep us informed of the in depth news around the ground!

Departures lounge Dublin Airport heading to the Villa game....

Can't bloody wait

Giving serious consideration to captaining tekkers so hope he puts on a show for you!!

jimmii wrote: »
    Giving serious consideration to captaining tekkers so hope he puts on a show for you!!

Bloody hope not as I'm a Utd fan! No FF involvement in this game for me on purpose as I wanna truly savour the game. First time over .

Bloody hope not as I'm a Utd fan! No FF involvement in this game for me on purpose as I wanna truly savour the game. First time over .

Dangerously close to football talk now!! Have a nice flight!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement