Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

That 503 error code is still intermittent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Invincible wrote: »
    That 503 error code is still intermittent.

Same here. Could read posts on other threads on this forum but not this specific thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

England Vs Australia tomorrow should be incredible! Genuinely cannot wait for it, hon the Wallabies!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

England Vs Australia tomorrow should be incredible! Genuinely cannot wait for it, hon the Wallabies!!!

Starting to enjoy this now, really hope England can turn it around
    7 point game

Starting to enjoy this now, really hope England can turn it around
    7 point game

I'd love England to come back an win to be honest! Australia look like the team to beat, NZ aren't looking great despite getting the results. Much prefer to face the Brits in the quarters then the Aussies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ah here, how long does it take Boards.ie so sort out its technical issues.

Still all over the place halfway through Monday!

Is it still messed up for everyone else? Takes me 4 or 5 refreshes to get the latest page version or to get to the last post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Same

It took me a few refreshes after clicking in to this thread to see your post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dav gave an update in feedback.

Might be another while before things are sorted by the sound of it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057503701

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Its a shame it happened on a weekend where most of us had bumper scores.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Its a shame it happened on a weekend where most of us had bumper scores.

It was the first Saturday of the season I decided to stay online rather than wait for MOTD and the bloomin forum was unusable!!

• Advertisement

Yesterday was the Holy Trinity of sports days for Irish Liverpool fans!!! Ireland guaranteed through to the knockout stages of the RWC, UTD got a thumping and BR got the bullet!

It made it even better for me that i didn't touch a drop of booze all week and was feeling incredibly fresh while my Manc supporting pal worked a late shift with a filthy hangover.

If Carlsberg did Sundays!:cool:

Yesterday was the Holy Trinity of sports days for Irish Liverpool fans!!! Ireland guaranteed through to the knockout stages of the RWC, UTD got a thumping and BR got the bullet!

It made it even better for me that i didn't touch a drop of booze all week and was feeling incredibly fresh while my Manc supporting pal worked a late shift with a filthy hangover.

If Carlsberg did Sundays!:cool:

I don't watch a lot of rugby (just the 6 Nations and internationals) but was very disappointed in our showing yesterday. If Sexton had got one of the two kicks he missed, it at least meant we would have beaten them by more than one score.

I don't watch a lot of rugby (just the 6 Nations and internationals) but was very disappointed in our showing yesterday. If Sexton had got one of the two kicks he missed, it at least meant we would have beaten them by more than one score.

I was concerned watching the match. I was guilty myself of writing Italy off after the Canada game. The Canadians were brilliant and should have won, like actually should have won.

However, a win is a win and there'll be no lack of focus against France whatever happens. Sexton had only played about 50 mins of rugby in the last month before yesterday too so the 80 will stand to him hopefully.

It may be a cliche but it was Italy's Final along with Parisse's return and regressing to their mean too of not being as rubbish as they looked in the first 2 games (think Aguero for the weekend that was in it). Ireland of old could well have lost that game. Onwards and upwards and hopefully they'll be addressing the very obvious issues.

So I'm taking the positives from it and it's effectively cup rugby and Ireland won. It's only France anyway up next eh. How're you feeling about it now Iroced? :p

Couldnt agree more with both of you, basing my prediction off the fact Italy are always hopeless in the 6 nations I was expecting a 33 - 13 type win for the lads, to say they made hard work out of it yesterday is an understatement!We've had it easy so far in the tournament and after yesterdays performance I am quite nervous now going into the France game. It will be the first match against a team with any real back bone and the French will be well up for it! Who ever loses could face NZ in the quarters if im not mistaken?

Yeah runners up play New Zealand. I see no reason to fear them though. If we want to win a World Cup we have to beat them most likely so why not take them out in Cardiff :pac:

Obviously they're the best team but far from infallible plus Argentina will be no pushovers themselves if that's who we play.

It's going to be a titanic game on Sunday though. We'll know where this Irish team actually are afterwards. I wouldn't be backing against Paulie! I just hope they don't start Parra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Italy was a good test. It was a bit of both for me - we were lacking in some aspects, but fair play to Italy they really turned up and I think that should stand us in good stead going forward. I'd say there'll be a real healthy intensity in training this week. I fancy us to beat France, but in Irish style I predict a heart in mouth affair! Hoping we improve steadily as the tournament goes on, very often the teams that go on to do well don't impress overly early on

People are slow to realise how defensively good Italy are. Throw in the fact that they were playing for their survival and the result was no disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It's only France anyway up next eh. How're you feeling about it now Iroced? :p
    Crazy how "we" impress your good selves :eek: :P! 1 week away and you were already ****ting in your pants :p. You saw a team in Blue and lost it completely :confused:.

Reeeeeelaaaaaaxxx. We play in Red now and Vincent Clerc is a pundit. No need to worry :pac:.

-

More seriously though, I couldn't believe how bad you were :eek:! I know Italy put up a great fight, Parisse was back etc... but I'm not really looking at the scoreboard but at what you actually did on the pitch. There was one action of class for Earls' try. And that was it :eek:!
    Murray & Sexton were shockingly average. The amount of unforced errors they made :eek:... Jeez you know what?! At times you looked like France :pac:... Your back row was strangely anonymous. And your backs had very few opportunities to shine. You do have good basics though (scrum, line-out, rucking, "choke" tackling, etc...). And Henderson was magnificient. He played for 3 players at least, tackling for two, rucking for 3 or 4, turning balls over for the whole team and masterising lineouts. This time, a truly deserved MOM.

I don't know what you'll take from this game but I think the confidence level changed a bit. If anything this game could have awoken your past demons now that France is on your way. Before the WC, with your unbeaten record against us under PSA, there was no game for me. We were going to be second. Now. After 3 games, you gave me the feeling of going a little bit worse each time (I know the opposition got stronger each time but again I'm looking at what you did on the pitch) while we seemed to gradually progress in our game. Will that be enough? I'm not sure. But it's definitely closer than how I was seeing it a month ago ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If only one Irish team can win today, who do you take...
    - Football
    - Rugby

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    - Football
    - Rugby
    Football !!! :D :pac:....

We're growing tired of knocking the ABs out of RWC :p. Let us try and fight our Argentine demons this time ^^.

- Football
    - Rugby

Does this answer your question.....

https://youtu.be/I5PT65I2ny8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

- Football
    - Rugby

Rugby all day. Think the football team will win a qualifier, but can't see the rugby team beating the all blacks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

- Football
    - Rugby

Football. Don't think we will make it through the qf in rugby anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Football. Rugby is complete and utter ****.

Paully D wrote: »
    Football. Rugby is complete and utter ****.

I don't get this attitude. I appreciate each sport for their skills and what not. Sure I wouldn't be overly enthused about all sports but that doesn't make it sh!t or feel the need to have a go at it for lack of interest. Not particularly aimed at you either Paully just in general I see people taking a militant (for want of a much better word) stance against particular sports and I don't understand it.

I love football and rugby equally and to answer the question I'd take a 3-3 draw in both games :pac: I'd love a crack at New Zealand but perhaps the final might be a better time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Soccer.

I love the rugby as well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Shedite27 wrote:
    - Football
    - Rugby
    Rugby for sure.
    World cup beats a Euro qualifier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

- Football
    - Rugby

Rugby, and a 2-2 draw in the soccer. Both advance, everyone's a winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

- Football
    - Rugby

football
    rugby does not register on my sports radar whatsoever
    it doesn't for most people I know either apart from once a year......or this year twice........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Great scenes, now hope the soccer lads can complete the double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

KevIRL wrote: »
    Great scenes, now hope the soccer lads can complete the double.

I put a 10er on the Double :p

All there to play for second half. Some result by the rugby lads earlier.

Although I get the sense Argentina won't be as easy as some think.

All there to play for second half. Some result by the rugby lads earlier.

Although I get the sense Argentina won't be as easy as some think.
    Argentina will be very tough, especially that they played a second team for their last game and will have a fully fit squad for the Quarters. While you had the put on an extremely intensive game and suffered some key injuries today (hopefully most fo them are OK). I hope you'll make it though.

And hope you'll get an "easy" draw for the football play-off. Be great for you to make a second consecutive Euro :cool:.

Absolutely hanging together in work! That was a hectic aul day out yesterday:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hanging is right....

In. Bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I learnt my lesson Friday

I knew i could count on some others here to share in my pain! I thought i was the only person not to have booked today off work! I actually contemplated throwing a bucket of water over the missus out of sheer spite when i had to get up as she turned over to go back to sleep!

I knew i could count on some others here to share in my pain! I thought i was the only person not to have booked today off work! I actually contemplated throwing a bucket of water over the missus out of sheer spite when i had to get up as she turned over to go back to sleep!

if I did that, there'd be only 1 word.

Starts with a 'D' and ends in 'ivorce'

Rikand wrote: »
    if I did that, there'd be only 1 word.

Starts with a 'D' and ends in 'ivorce'

Haha, i'm not in a position to get one of those but i can assure you the missus suffers worse than i do so i'd definitely be sitting here with a black eye at least if i did follow through... but cooler heads prevail! I sulked off to work to lick my wounds for the day.

we're well on our way now at least, 3 hours down, 5 to go.

and then the real sweating begins..... watching to see of our charges can all come through tonights games without avoiding injury, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I remember now why I never drink the night before work.

it's a pity we're not in Sweden. that 6 hour workday would come in handy right about now

I just saw that video of Sean O'Brien giving Pape a serious dig in the guts again. He is defo going home after that i'd say! No Sexton, O'Connell and now O'Brien. We haven't got it easy going in to the knockout stages.

Has that 6 hour work day actually come into affect yet?? If ever there was something to make me consider a move to Scandinavia!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I just saw that video of Sean O'Brien giving Pape a serious dig in the guts again. He is defo going home after that i'd say! No Sexton, O'Connell and now O'Brien. We haven't got it easy going in to the knockout stages.

He'll be cited for that no doubt. It just comes down to how many weeks he'll be banned for. He could be back for the final yet (assuming we get that far).
    And O'Mahoney is ruled out too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

He'll be cited for that no doubt. It just comes down to how many weeks he'll be banned for. He could be back for the final yet (assuming we get that far).
    And O'Mahoney is ruled out too :(

That's a big assumption to be making! :p

So, for the lads that know about rugby, even with the injuries, should we be beating Argentina this weekend or will they be a tougher test than people expect?

One thing I'm hearing is that they are going to be a tough, physical side.

So, for the lads that know about rugby, even with the injuries, should we be beating Argentina this weekend or will they be a tougher test than people expect?

We should be beating them but they'll be a tougher test than people expect :pac:

They've really come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years since joining the Tri-Nations making it the Rugby Championship. Playing against NZ, Aus and SA repeatedly can only make you better. They'll continue to improve too I'd say as they've got a Super Rugby franchise team from 2016.

If Argentina win on Sunday it shouldn't be a shock, they have every chance but they haven't really been tested in the bones of a month since NZ game where they fell away in the last 20 minutes. They're missing Bosch in the centre who'd be one of their best player too due to a citing that followed Seanie last night.

They've got a good forward pack but now have a much better back line than France so they'll be attacking us there too while France didn't really trouble us too much. Hernandez the hero of 2007 could turn on the style from 12 and Imhoff on the wing has pace to burn. They dismantled SA in SA this summer although to some that may be less impressive after that Japan game.

It'll be a hell of a game. It'll be interesting how Ireland front up after losing their 5-6-7 axis in the cold light of day and they have to gear up again. Sexton looks like he'll be fit but can he be 100%? The fact the Millennium Stadium will be full of Irish yet again will hopefully be a factor in our favour too.

I presume it'll either be: 4. Toner, 5. Ryan. 6. Henderbus :P 7. Henry, 8. Heaslip

or 4. Toner, 5. Henderbus, 6. Murphy, 7. Henry, 8. Heaslip.

But might come down to whether Joe wants Ruddock or McCarthy on the bench and I'd imagine he'd prefer Ruddock if needed so will start Henderson in the second-row. Henry starting might even be a blessing in disguise in one sense as a more natural 7 but POM and SOB had their best ever games.

Anyway that's my rambling take on things at the moment. Ireland to win but the heart attacks could be game related as well as injury related this weekend. Hopefully Scotland can give Australia a game too.

Do it for Paulie :(

Edit: I just want it on record that I thought Rory Best and Henshaw had absolute storming games too and it hasn't been mentioned by enough people.

Just met Chris O'Dowd in work... which was nice :)

100% agree with Mr P.

This is the most exciting quarter by the way. The only 50/50 one. For you, you have 5 wins in a row against them. That must play a part confidence wise. For them they have 2 wins out of 3 against you in RWC. But as we saw with us, past WC history is less important than recent form.

You have a great coach and, I feel, a worldwide underrated team. To me, and I said it beforehand here and on the rugby forum countless times, you were massive favourite against us. And the result was just plain logic to me. You dominated us. Full stop. The fact you never really performed in a RWC goes against you I'd suppose in terms of worldwide rating/appreciation.

So this is your chance to make a stand. My only worry for you is the amount of injuries you got and SOB's suspension. But I still think you should go through. Let's say, accounting for your injuries/suspension, I see this quarter as 52/48 for you ;).
    Edit: I just want it on record that I thought Rory Best and Henshaw had absolute storming games too and it hasn't been mentioned by enough people.
    A b s o l u t e l y !!!!!! But the rugby forum seems more passionate about proving Papé was more guilty than SOB :p :rolleyes: :pac:...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I am currently unable to log out of Boards on internet explorer(I know but I've just always used it:ermm:)

I'd rather my missus didn't realise how much time I spend on here and if she stumbles on boards she's gonna see my handle (and maybe this post:'()
    Any advice? No matter how often I hit logout I'm still logged in and when I shut it down and open again I'm already logged in.

Advertisement