Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I am currently unable to log out of Boards on internet explorer(I know but I've just always used it:ermm:)

I'd rather my missus didn't realise how much time I spend on here and if she stumbles on boards she's gonna see my handle (and maybe this post:'()
    Any advice? No matter how often I hit logout I'm still logged in and when I shut it down and open again I'm already logged in.

Would clearing cookies do the trick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Would clearing cookies do the trick?

It seems that it could according to another thread.
    How do I do it and what effect will it have on anything?
    You may have figured out that I can barely turn this thing on:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It seems that it could according to another thread.
    How do I do it and what effect will it have on anything?
    You may have figured out that I can barely turn this thing on:o

You won't notice any difference really. If you are using Chrome click on the three horizontal lines in the top right then settings scroll to the bottom and click show advanced settings then click on clear browsing data then just make sure cookies is selected and click clear browsing data.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

This match is not making for easy viewing! Tense stuff, the Argies are by far the dominant team here! Savage rugby from them, we are missing the big man in the scrums and Sexton big time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This match is not making for easy viewing! Tense stuff, the Argies are by far the dominant team here! Savage rugby from them, we are missing the big man in the scrums and Sexton big time!

Far too many errors by Ireland. We may have over estimated ourselves after the win against what it now appears was a very weak French team.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Far too many errors by Ireland. We may have over estimated ourselves after the win against what it now appears was a very weak French team.

We are also being out muscled in nearly every position on the pitch. God what i'd do to have a fit O'Connell and BOD back to work a little bit of magic right now

That's us out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Fair play to Argentina. Outplayed us 1-15. Completely deserved the win.

Heartbroken! Completely outclassed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

To never have made it past the quarter's in a world cup at 8 attempts is a joke. The way rugby is that's basically the 1st round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

If that was the Irish soccer team, whom nothing is expected of, they'd be slated. Rugby lads under achieve yet again and are 'heroes'.

Laughable.

Southern Hemisphere teams look a different class at this World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Immense credit to Argentina, they were exceptional.

Credit to Ireland to fight back to 23-20 when we were looking down the barrel the first time. But Argentina looked so dangerous with the ball while we were toothless enough bar Fitzy. Heaslip stepped up and Best and Henderson were immense again.

Something needs to be done about the difference between hemispheres though. We need to be playing the southern teams in meaningful games more than once every 4 years!

Congrats to Argentina, I'd love them to get to the final now!

It was the hope with 3 points in it that kills you :(

Immense credit to Argentina, they were exceptional.

Credit to Ireland to fight back to 23-20 when we were looking down the barrel the first time. But Argentina looked so dangerous with the ball while we were toothless enough bar Fitzy. Heaslip stepped up and Best and Henderson were immense again.

Something needs to be done about the difference between hemispheres though. We need to be playing the southern teams in meaningful games more than once every 4 years!

Congrats to Argentina, I'd love them to get to the final now!

It was the hope with 3 points in it that kills you :(

Playing southern hemisphere teams in meaningful games would basically be a world cup though. I'd love Argentina to win the whole thing now highly unlikely.

Playing southern hemisphere teams in meaningful games would basically be a world cup though. I'd love Argentina to win the whole thing now highly unlikely.

You could have some kind of 10 Nations tournament or something every second year. It won't happen but some kind of outside the box thinking needs to be done. Or say top 4 of the 6 nations play the top 4 of SH while the rest play against tier 2 teams and everyone gets more competitive games and everyone grows.

Obviously we won't sort it out here today :pac:

Incredible stuff from Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Heartbreak for the scots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Only Scotland could make a balls of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Nib wrote: »
    Only Scotland could make a balls of that.

You're very harsh on them. With another ref they'd probaby be in the semis tonight :rolleyes:...

---

Yesterday I wasn't even sad for France (kinda saw it coming, you can't do all the wrong things for 4 years and expect to knock out a brilliant NZ side) but tonight I'm heartbrokenly demolished by this Scottish defeat :(... How desperately cruel after such an heroic battle they fought out ?!

Again, Joubert didn't help :rolleyes: (what a nuisance to the sport this ref is :eek: crazy that he still officiates!) though I feel they should have played this line-out short and keep the ball with their forward. Ah well easy to say in hindsight. Fair play to the Scots though! No one in the World was backing them for a 1 pt defeat today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Nib wrote: »
    If that was the Irish soccer team, whom nothing is expected of, they'd be slated. Rugby lads under achieve yet again and are 'heroes'.

Laughable.

With you 100% on this. The difference in the attitude of the general 'casual' sports fan to both teams has always confused and annoyed me equally.

Both codes have their die hard fans but the middle of the road sports fan who watches whatever is on in the pub seems to often automatically deride the football team while tears well in their eyes for Ireland's Call.

• Advertisement

As a supporter of Cavan, Blackburn and the Irish soccer team, I was hoping the rugby team would give me something sports related to be cheerful about.

**** me, even my local GAA team got relegated this year!

Lemlin wrote: »
    As a supporter of Cavan, Blackburn and the Irish soccer team, I was hoping the rugby team would give me so staging to be cheerful about.

**** me, even my local GAA team got relegated this year!

All aboard the FSA Finn Harps bandwagon for the promotion playoffs!! :D

Actually, seriously, any of ye in Dublin could spend next Friday night in worse ways than heading down to Belfield...

FHFC wrote: »

Actually, seriously, any of ye in Dublin could spend next Friday night in worse ways than heading down to Belfield...

Just down the road from me. I may just do that.

Our lads here in Limerick have put together an unbelievable run of results to give themselves a decent chance at the play offs as well, looked like they'd berelegated by twenty odd points a few months ago. Big disappointment to lose to your neighbours Derry last night though. Fantastic atmosphere last night in the Markets field but it wasn't to be. They could well need to take maximum points from the last two now.

Any Baseball fans? Actually I know there's one but I forget who it is, it's looking like my beloved NY Mets could go all the way this year, bit of a fairytale after a fairly miserable(typical) start to the season. I have a sister in New York, I may make an attempt to get over for a few days if they get to the World Series.

Our lads here in Limerick have put together an unbelievable run of results to give themselves a decent chance at the play offs as well, looked like they'd berelegated by twenty odd points a few months ago. Big disappointment to lose to your neighbours Derry last night though. Fantastic atmosphere last night in the Markets field but it wasn't to be. They could well need to take maximum points from the last two now.

Any Baseball fans? Actually I know there's one but I forget who it is, it's looking like my beloved NY Mets could go all the way this year, bit of a fairytale after a fairly miserable(typical) start to the season. I have a sister in New York, I may make an attempt to get over for a few days if they get to the World Series.

Sorry but won't wish yous.luck. Neither us or UCD would relish the team on form in the middle if their great escape moment. Bring on the desperate Drogs please.

Really hope yis get promoted. The league needs a better spread of teams, and I can't stand ucd and by all accounts you've had a good season and are a decent side.

I think they'll beat rovers on Friday anyway. We're really gone into autopilot now, and have nothing to play for. Incredible achievement to get to where they are from Limerick

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Really hope yis get promoted. The league needs a better spread of teams, and I can't stand ucd and by all accounts you've had a good season and are a decent side.

Always wondered which Rovers the SRFC was for. ;)

We'd struggle big time in the Premier but we'd have a bit of craic. :)

Always wondered which Rovers the SRFC was for. ;)

We'd struggle big time in the Premier but we'd have a bit of craic. :)

Maybe, but there's no such thing as an easy trip up to ballyboffey. And the SRFC is shamrock rovers. The REAL rovers :D

• Advertisement

Maybe, but there's no such thing as an easy trip up to ballyboffey. And the SRFC is shamrock rovers. The REAL rovers :D

Yeah. Figured from your other post it was 'Shams'.... ,)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't be too harsh on your Irish rugby team guys.

You won the last 2 6N and were missing the core of your team today (POC, POM, SOB, Sexton, Payne). That doesn't excuse everything but you also have to give huge credit to Argentina.
    The main problem of Northern Hemispheres rugby teams is their season calendar. We play too many domestic leagues/european comp' games and don't give enough time to the national squad. In the South, they play about half the amount of games French teams play for example. Where do you find the time to organise your national team up to the level the SH teams have now reached? I mean it's the professional era now! Everything counts!

---

And about cheering for success, the good thing about France is we have so many competitive sports :D. The rugby lads got hammered Saturday eve? OK the Volley-ball ones won a fantastic semi-final in the Euro 3 sets to 2 in Bulgaria vs Bulgaria while down 2 sets to 0. Talk about an achievement on an hostile ground! And tonight they became European champion (3 sets to 0 vs Slovenia) for the first time of our History, 3 months after having won the World league. Glory time :D!

Have a look at the winning point (you can jump to 0:55 or 1:08 for a better view of it). A class way to get the title isn't it :D?

Yeah. Figured from your other post it was 'Shams'.... ,)

I don't think there's anything I hate more in this world than the term 'shams' :pac:

I don't think there's anything I hate more in this world than the term 'shams' :pac:

I know... :)

iroced wrote: »
    Don't be too harsh on your Irish rugby team guys.

You won the last 2 6N and were missing the core of your team today (POC, POM, SOB, Sexton, Payne). That doesn't excuse everything but you also have to give huge credit to Argentina.
    The main problem of Northern Hemispheres rugby teams is their season calendar. We play too many domestic leagues/european comp' games and don't give enough time to the national squad. In the South, they play about half the amount of games French teams play for example. Where do you find the time to organise your national team up to the level the SH teams have now reached? I mean it's the professional era now! Everything counts!

---

I have to disagree to be honest. I admit I'm not a huge rugby fan but, for me, the game was in the melting pot when there was 3 points in it and we threw it away, having dragged ourselves back into it. Even with that number of players missing, we should have had enough experience to beat a team who haven't beaten us in 8 years since 2007.

There were too many individuals errors. For example, Madigan made some poor kicks (crossfield one, the one into touch that didn't go far enough) and Murray made a terrible mistake at the end that led to an Argentina try. It was amateur stuff and I wonder if complacency crept in and we had one eye on Australia in the semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anybody using the Boards Beta site? Just turned it on there myself at the very bottom of the screen. Thoughts?

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anybody using the Boards Beta site? Just turned it on there myself at the very bottom of the screen. Thoughts?

Was part of the test group. Hated it during that it was a nightmare couldn't wait to go back! Not tried it since they rolled it out further dread the thought!

jimmii wrote: »

Was part of the test group. Hated it during that it was a nightmare couldn't wait to go back! Not tried it since they rolled it out further dread the thought!
    Don't know what I'm doing to be honest seems to be missing loads of little functions that used to be really good

Don't know what I'm doing to be honest seems to be missing loads of little functions that used to be really good

Yeh found that as well. It was super buggy when I was using it my forums just didn't work and notifications was worse than the main site was when it was playing up in the last couple of weeks!

I tried to try it for a while last week and I just couldn't take to it so switched back.

I'll just put up with it and get used to it if and when it's forced on us :pac:

But I'm happy with things the way they are when it works. Bloody change eh!

Haha I'm back to the regular Boards now. Couldn't stick it :P Like you said, I'll adapt when I'm forced to :) I assume they're just trying to streamline functionality across mobile tablets and PC so it could be good if they get it right cos right now I'm not a huge fan of Boards on my Iphone :P

• Advertisement

Still using m.boards.ie on my phone and will be for as long as it's around. It's simple, in a good way.

Dónal wrote: »
    Still using m.boards.ie on my phone and will be for as long as it's around. It's simple, in a good way.

I dont like it at all

Thank God it's switch offable, I didn't realise that for a good while

Just down the road from me. I may just do that.

http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=2474 if anyone else interested. Hope to be in the Student bar from as early as possible after bus n beer from Lkenny if you're in for a pint busts. Maybe we can get to the bottom of that points hit theory of yours at last! Or not. ;)

http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=2474 if anyone else interested. Hope to be in the Student bar from as early as possible after bus n beer from Lkenny if you're in for a pint busts. Maybe we can get to the bottom of that points hit theory of yours at last! Or not. ;)

Can't make it pal sorry wife is off out so have to mind the kids. Next year when your in the premier there will be lots of Dublin games. Best of luck tonight. You don't get that theory sober so there is no hope of you getting it with a few pints on you.

Can't make it pal sorry wife is off out so have to mind the kids. Next year when your in the premier there will be lots of Dublin games. Best of luck tonight. You don't get that theory sober so there is no hope of you getting it with a few pints on you.

The best and only chance anyone would have of getting that notion if yours would be to be twisted drunk. Which i intend to be.

Great result for the harps enjoy the bus journey home fhfc

Great result for the harps enjoy the bus journey home fhfc

Ow me head....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

County champions for the first time since 93. Session on!!!

Cmon Argentina

• Advertisement
Advertisement