Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd love to go as it's something I've not done yet, worried on two fronts though, k viously the situation in France is a concern but more so is the thoughts of drinking for a week solid when it takes me 2 days to get over 7 or 8 pints the odd Friday night, probably should have done it when I was younger, I could have afforded it back in 02 without kids and I had two of my best mates living in Tokyo and Seoul at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Few of us hoping to go over for a week maybe. I'll be asking Santa for flights for christmas id say ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Actually I've only just thought that myself and the missus have been considering investing in a camper van and it was something we were going to actively look into before next summer. This could be the perfect time. I wonder will there be loads of extra ferries laid on for the duration of the tournament? France is well equipped with campsites anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Actually I've only just thought that myself and the missus have been considering investing in a camper van and it was something we were going to actively look into before next summer. This could be the perfect time. I wonder will there be loads of extra ferries laid on for the duration of the tournament? France is well equipped with campsites anyway.

Book in advance and you should be fine.

Getting tickets is the most difficult part.

Last time I could not get one through official channels, is there going to be a lottery again like last time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

We're flying to Germany getting a camper van there then driving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    We're flying to Germany getting a camper van there then driving.
    We're thinking of getting a camper van as well. Are you renting or buying one? What kind of money would you be looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nib wrote: »
    We're thinking of getting a camper van as well. Are you renting or buying one? What kind of money would you be looking at?

I'm not organising it but I'm told about 1300 between 6 for 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Camper Van sounded a lot better than it actually was last time out, was definitely no cheaper than hotels + travel and a lot of hassle (not to mention quite cramped).

Sounds a lovely romantic notion, but the reality is quite different

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

wonski wrote: »
    How are we supposed to sleep on that:eek:

Come on, you can do better than that:D

The wind slowed down in my parts now, it was a scary evening tbh.
    I live on the first floor but on the side of my balcony it is equivalent to a second floor. So I just had an idea. If you want to get a full experience of Mediterranean France summer nights, I may suggest this (admittedly without the beautiful scenery) :p :pac:...

6zsbac.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RIP Jonah Lomu. My first memories of watching rugby are seeing him tearing it up in the '95 World Cup. I'm not a big rugby fan but I'll always remember those images.

What an athlete. Some speed for the size of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Off to barcelona real sociedad this weekend. Cant wait to see Messi, neymar and suarez live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Off to barcelona real sociedad this weekend. Cant wait to see Messi, neymar and suarez live.

Have you been over there before? Have gone over to see them 3 times, would love to go over again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Have you been over there before? Have gone over to see them 3 times, would love to go over again

I was there 10 years ago when ronaldinho was in his pomp he was sensational live. The crowd went crazy when barca made a sub. Some tiny young fella came on. It was messi, at the time Id never heard of him but you could see straight away he was special, I think he was 17. Thank God he is back from his injury Id be devestated if messi wasnt playing.
    Its a great city aswell I actually got married over there 9 years ago. The trip 10 years ago was to sus out wedding venues. It was just coincidence that a barca match was on at the same time;)

I was there 10 years ago when ronaldinho was in his pomp he was sensational live. The crowd went crazy when barca made a sub. Some tiny young fella came on. It was messi, at the time Id never heard of him but you could see straight away he was special, I think he was 17. Thank God he is back from his injury Id be devestated if messi wasnt playing.
    Its a great city aswell I actually got married over there 9 years ago. The trip 10 years ago was to sus out wedding venues. It was just coincidence that a barca match was on at the same time;)

That's class, getting to see Messi play when he was only starting out at Barca. And how convenient there was a match on the weekend you were looking for wedding venues ; )

Love the atmosphere in the nou camp, been brilliant any time I've been there, and Barcelona is a great place to spend a few days, definitely one of my favourite places.

Enjoy it, after getting me thinking about trying to make a trip over there

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah Barcelona is a great city. Probably my favourite city, been there 4 times already, only ever seen Barca play once though. Managed to get one of the tickets from the booth on La Rambla and ended up sitting beside a staunch Catalan man of at least 80 years :pac: Messi didn't even score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Fury Vs Klitschko about to start for the heavyweight title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Well done Tyson Fury!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Really shows how crap boxing is these days. Fury singing was probably the highlight! Klitschko just wasn't up for it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any of the tech minded lads able to recommend a half decent budget headset with mic? It doesn't need to be wireless.

I'm working from home one/two days a week now so just need something simple to allow me to make calls through my internet based phone.

If there's one thatI could get in Argos it'd be handy because there's one near me.

All I want to spend is about €30 because it won't even get that much use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Lemlin wrote: »
    Any of the tech minded lads able to recommend a half decent budget headset with mic? It doesn't need to be wireless.

I'm working from home one/two days a week now so just need something simple to allow me to make calls through my internet based phone.

If there's one thatI could get in Argos it'd be handy because there's one near me.

All I want to spend is about €30 because it won't even get that much use.

Heres a logitech one in Argos for 22 euro http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1070840/Trail/searchtext%3EHEADSET.htm

Logitech are a good brand and that model seems to have decent reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Heres a logitech one in Argos for 22 euro http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1070840/Trail/searchtext%3EHEADSET.htm

Logitech are a good brand and that model seems to have decent reviews.

Wooohooo. Just got the early Christmas pressie of one visa for France '16. Hopefully get over for 2 of the group games at least. No small feat with 3 kids under 10 in the house!!

Triple captain Mrs FHFC! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    Wooohooo. Just got the early Christmas pressie of one visa for France '16. Hopefully get over for 2 of the group games at least. No small feat with 3 kids under 10 in the house!!

She's a season keeper by the sounds of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »

Anything to be said about commuting from Montpellier to Bordeaux for the Belgium game? :pac:

Anything to be said about commuting from Montpellier to Bordeaux for the Belgium game? :pac:

Can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't. Don't captain Lukaku or KDB though.

She's a season keeper by the sounds of it!

She has a great record in the game. Managed to have flights and all booked in 2012 in cohorts with my mate and kept it quiet till Xmas morning. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Posted on another forum also, maybe somebody here could help me out also :P

Basically my steam client won't launch when I click on it and neither will my steam games; FM16 and Civ V.

Prior to restarting my laptop, Steam launched but the games wouldn't, the steam bit saying preparing to launch would come up as normal, go off as normal and usually within a few seconds the game would launch, but nothing.

Chrome, skype, microsoft office all working as normal.

If anybody has any ideas for a possible solution it would be greatly appreciated as I just want to continue my FM career with Stoke P:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Posted on another forum also, maybe somebody here could help me out also :P

Basically my steam client won't launch when I click on it and neither will my steam games; FM16 and Civ V.

Prior to restarting my laptop, Steam launched but the games wouldn't, the steam bit saying preparing to launch would come up as normal, go off as normal and usually within a few seconds the game would launch, but nothing.

Chrome, skype, microsoft office all working as normal.

If anybody has any ideas for a possible solution it would be greatly appreciated as I just want to continue my FM career with Stoke P:P

Uninstall and re-install.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Uninstall and re-install.

Thanks :D Simultaneously fixed the problem and made me feel/look like an idiot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Off to Canada for two weeks snowboarding tomorrow! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Off to Canada for two weeks snowboarding tomorrow!

Not jealous. Not jealous at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

One for the gamers here, in particular PS4-heads.

Got a PS4 a month or two back, but only last week decided to get a voucher for PS Plus. The problem: I'm now living in London, and since my account was originally registered in Ireland, I can't redeem the feckin' voucher.

So, apparently the Playstation back end is so shìte that you can't change your country, so to set up my subscription I'll have to create a new, UK account. My question is: what will I lose by changing accounts? Are all my save files on the machine regardless of which account I'll be using?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

One for the gamers here, in particular PS4-heads.

Got a PS4 a month or two back, but only last week decided to get a voucher for PS Plus. The problem: I'm now living in London, and since my account was originally registered in Ireland, I can't redeem the feckin' voucher.

So, apparently the Playstation back end is so shìte that you can't change your country, so to set up my subscription I'll have to create a new, UK account. My question is: what will I lose by changing accounts? Are all my save files on the machine regardless of which account I'll be using?

You will still have access to all your saves on your Irish account.
    You lose access to all PS+ free games.
    Anything you purchased will also still be available.

You can also use your Irish account online, as your new UK PS+ covers online for all accounts on the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thanks for clearing that up for me. That last part is great to hear.

Rip David Bowie

Does any of you play FIFA on PS4?

I play a bit, late at night usually, wouldn't mind trying out new tactics with one of you :)

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Does any of you play FIFA on PS4?

I play a bit, late at night usually, wouldn't mind trying out new tactics with one of you :)

I'll get back to you when I'm home from college after exams next weekend:) Username same as here.

Quick gambling question.... I need the Broncos to win by more than 7 for a 4 legged accumulator to come in, providing the Seahawks don't pull this outta the fire.

In order to cover / hedge this bet I should put money on the steelers +7.5 and I'm guaranteed a payout... Correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Quick gambling question.... I need the Broncos to win by more than 7 for a 4 legged accumulator to come in, providing the Seahawks don't pull this outta the fire.

In order to cover / hedge this bet I should put money on the steelers +7.5 and I'm guaranteed a payout... Correct?

Yup.

Cheers, been running through loads of permutations in my head and ended up tying myself in knots.

Fcuk it anyway, Broncos by 7 exactly. Odds on Steelers +6.5 were so bad (8/13) i'd have had to put a big chunk on it and wasn't really worthwhile. Ah well.

Finally able to connect to the forum. Looks like France is an hostile place for boards. There were attacks from it during the last RWC and everytime there's a crash on the forum, it's taking a lot more time to be back to normal down here.
    Anyway, is it me or there's been quite a lot of "succesful" attacks on the forum lately. I've the feeling there were none for several years and all of a sudden we experienced plenty of them in the last months. Did boards make enemies :p?

• Advertisement

A mate posted this on Facebook.

enOY1yJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I don't know what's more impressive. The poster of Mick or the fact that they referred to their house as "ones house".... ðŸ˜႒

Hum. I've seen many of you referring to the forum being back to normal.

Looks like this for me. Is it what you call normal? Sounds quite like a pain n the a*se to follow it tome :rolleyes:...

23tgq9y.jpg

iroced wrote: »

Looks like this for me. Is it what you call normal? Sounds quite like a pain n the a*se to follow it tome :rolleyes:...

23tgq9y.jpg

It is very slow, but working.

Are you posting from France by any chance?

Maybe they locked you out :)

Yes from France.

iroced wrote: »

23tgq9y.jpg

Very slow to load pages on mobile but otherwise ok.

The forum being down makes you realise you actually have NO friends who are serious about FPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

@iroced

Did you get the site displaying properly in the end?

I had the same issues as you. This post from the feedback forum sorted it for me.
    itoro wrote: »
    Press f12 on chrome, then red x in pop-up and you'll see URLs of pages that didn't load. Look for one with 'bstatic' in url, right click one of these URLs and click open in new tab. You will be prompted for captcha, once u enter it and try boards.ie again it will display correctly

If you use Firefox, you can get that list of bstatic URLs by going to Tools --> Page Info. They're listed under the "Media" tab.

Anyone else getting the really annoying "I am not a criminal robot" captcha thing every time they try to get onto the site... what a load of balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Anyone else getting the really annoying "I am not a criminal robot" captcha thing every time they try to get onto the site... what a load of balls

No, do you have 'Remember Me' ticked upon logging in?

No, do you have 'Remember Me' ticked upon logging in?

Yep its not the actual normal login page, i'm already logged in but i'm being redirected to a separate page altogether to check some catcha box every time i open a new tab to come back to the site or even if i am idle on the site for a while the site goes back to that page! pain in the tits

• Advertisement
Advertisement