Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Another cracking game of hurling :-)

Lemlin wrote: »
    Just general work stuff. A lot of Excel and Word. We log into a cloud based system from home PC.

Could be an idea to buy a laptop rather than a pc but connect it to a monitor and keyboard for work purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dónal wrote: »
    Could be an idea to buy a laptop rather than a pc but connect it to a monitor and keyboard for work purposes.

You can get handy docking units to do this. This is what I have for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Signed off the Dole,today is a good day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

dahat wrote: »
    Signed off the Dole,today is a good day...

Well done pal, it's very strange and I may even have it wrong but I was driving through Clarecastle for the first time in years yesterday on the way to the fleadh
    (Clarecastle is bypassed for those not in the know) and I thought of the lad on Boards who lost his job, I assumed at the time it was in that place, delighted things have picked up, hope you were able to enjoy your 'break' somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Well done pal, it's very strange and I may even have it wrong but I was driving through Clarecastle for the first time in years yesterday on the way to the fleadh
    (Clarecastle is bypassed for those not in the know) and I thought of the lad on Boards who lost his job, I assumed at the time it was in that place, delighted things have picked up, hope you were able to enjoy your 'break' somewhat.

Actually got 3 weeks break as a group of us went back to finalise the last of production for the Liquidators.

New job is different from what i did before so looking forward to it plus no more shift work which is a little loss with my new found passion for cycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Had to post this :D

https://youtu.be/BB-J6QeAraw

Best of luck to the Mayo supporters in the replay today. If twas anyone other than Dublin they were up against, I'd be rooting for you myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hoooonnnnn Mayo. Getting ready to head into it now!

• Advertisement

We.
    Got.
    A.
    POINT!!

UTH...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Anthony Foley RIP. Only 42, what awful news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »

Not a big rugby supporter but you always hear him mentioned by other players. Seems to have been a huge presence in the Irish setup over the years.

11 hours or so return bus journey tomorrow for the crunch game of Harps season. If I post anything after about 6pm ignore it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Just watched the build up, glad I was at home, lost it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Christmas ads?

Oh F*ck Right Off!!! That's right an Post I'm looking at you. Is it acceptable to set a letter box on fire??! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Christmas ads?

Oh F*ck Right Off!!! That's right an Post I'm looking at you. Is it acceptable to set a letter box on fire??! :)

Lol, just seen the same ad and pretty much had the same reaction. I think it's a perfectly acceptable reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Christmas ads?

Was in Lidl today. Couldn't get over the amount of Christmas stuff in there already. Tis mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

There are 12 Days of Christmas and none of them are in November :D

Its starting whether you like it or not.... :D

https://twitter.com/ZachACole/status/793920311414534144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Like it or not people have started buying Christmas stuff. I find it bizarre but shops gotta give the people what they want! If you think that's bad if you're a buyer suppliers are ramming it down your throat from January! Fecking January lads are you having a laugh we've only just fecking got through Christmas and now you're showing me next Christmas already f that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Absolute scenes in Chicago. Brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Absolute scenes in Chicago. Brilliant stuff
    When you want to make History, you do not do things by half, don't ya :D?!

I remember your Historic win over England in Croke Park in 2007 (was in a national conference in Coleraine that day and there was supposed to be a break in the program for watching the game on a big screen - well the program resumed on the Sunday and not too early :pac:) that held many symbols (both political and sport). And well you won with style ("God Save the Queen" was not booed in Croker) and gave England their biggest thrashing against you.

- Don't read the following if you have not seen the game and have planned to do so -

And now you beat the "untouchable" All Blacks in Soldier Field stadium, Chicago (not a bad place to sing a song, a soldier's song ;)). You like the symbols right :p?!
    Again, you did it with great style (great gesture in tribute to Foley during the haka) and well 40-29, 5 tries. Brilliant. Just brilliant. Your "Twickenham 99" :cool:.

Planet Earth 2 with David Attenborough, what brilliant television!

The snakes chasing the iguanas was greater than any dramatic film car chase :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

The snakes chasing the iguanas was greater than any dramatic film car chase :eek:
    Meant to catch that earlier but forgot! It's repeated on BBC1 again next Sunday afternoon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

what station and time was that on

what station and time was that on

8pm on BBC1. 5 more weeks and repeated next Sunday earlier in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It looks like SantryRed has closed his account. Never nice to see good forum contributors leave.

It looks like SantryRed has closed his account. Never nice to see good forum contributors leave.

Noooo. How are we gonna know which Watford players to get!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That's a pity; he was a good lad. I wonder why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Purple. Lots of Purple

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Purple. Lots of Purple

Could you possibly expand on this my good fellow?

patmac wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    Purple. Lots of Purple

Could you possibly expand on this my good fellow?

New boards mobile site layout

Thinking of cobbling together a last minute trip to Madrid next week for a midweek adventure as I've a few days off work.

Has anyone been or have any recommendations? The Bernabeu is the only spot on my list so far :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Thinking of cobbling together a last minute trip to Madrid next week for a midweek adventure as I've a few days off work.

Has anyone been or have any recommendations? The Bernabeu is the only spot on my list so far :pac:

Drinks overlooking the Gran Via at the Tartán Roof... enter through the Teatro Belles Artes. The Royal Palace is worth seeing (the armoury is savage if you are into that sort of thing). Other than that rent a paddle boat in the Park de Retiro and enjoy the nightlife which doesnt really get going until after 10ish. Loads of galleries/museums to see but I cant comment on most of them as wasn't bothered. Check out Plaza Mayor for some cool restaurants etc

Long time since I was there but the 'museo de jamon' has always stuck in the memory - translates literally as the ham museum but it's really a bar (if I remember correctly) and there's giant cuts of jamon serrano hanging from the ceiling it's cheap as chips and you get free salty meaty nibbles with your beer

The big 'regular' museum (can't remember the name to hand) is impressive too if that's your thing it really is big though takes a while to wade through...

Great city to spend a few days in. Enjoy

PS. Any Real or Atleti games on while you're there???

Atheltico have home games on the 10th and 14th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mercado de San Miguel is class. Big open market where you can wander around, pick up lots of little samples of local food/drink. Very busy, but well worth the crowd. Also, for drinks, we found Plaza Santa Ana a little off the tourist track so lots more value for nice bars/restaurants.

Was just at Blackburns training ground my uncle lives right beside it. Danny graham just walked by I was so close to saying to him lemlin thinks your useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Was just at Blackburns training ground my uncle lives right beside it. Danny graham just walked by I was so close to saying to him lemlin thinks your useless.

He's even worse now than he used to be!

• Advertisement

I've never been a massive fan of American football but that was something a bit special

I was debating going to bed when it hit 28-3....

Lucky I didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That was just unbelievable. Not a fan of the Patriots or Brady but how can you have anything but respect for that?

I dislike them, especially as a Seahawks fan (see two superbowls ago) but they made an amazing fightback.

For the night that's in it, I'm sure a lot of us have a similar Boards matchmaking profile. But we can't all have him so I suppose we'll have to have some sort of combat tournament?

For the night that's in it, I'm sure a lot of us have a similar Boards matchmaking profile. But we can't all have him so I suppose we'll have to have some sort of combat tournament?

Haha. Forgot about these things. :D

Looks like I'm caught in a bit of a love triangle!! :eek:

409341.jpg

• Advertisement

All the usual suspects on my one. Fhfc with a comfortable 3 love heart lead at the top though.

All the usual suspects on my one. Fhfc with a comfortable 3 love heart lead at the top though.

You may win cups with Bray but you'll always be in love with FHFC... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

JhLRLND.png

Another FHFC supporter in here apparently :D.love.php?match=hot

I see I'm 5th on your list, if your female and I get divorced and the other 4 turn you down I might allow you to buy me a pint.

patmac wrote: »
    I see I'm 5th on your list, if your female and I get divorced and the other 4 turn you down I might allow you to buy me a pint.

I've both thanked and quoted this, so you should get to no. 4 for next year :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement