Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone here lives in the Birmingham/Coventry area? I received the good news during the week that I was successful with a job application for a Graduate position with Jaguar Land River. Be nice to have a FSA face to curse Aguero with on a Saturday afternoon! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone here lives in the Birmingham/Coventry area? I received the good news during the week that I was successful with a job application for a Graduate position with Jaguar Land River. Be nice to have a FSA face to curse Aguero with on a Saturday afternoon! :P

Congrats on the new job! best of luck listening to that Birmingham accent day in day out though haha:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Congrats on the new job! best of luck listening to that Birmingham accent day in day out though haha:pac:

I was there for a few days recently and was like this is so awesome it's like being in peaky blinders but it would probably soon wear off!

Cheers, I'm just hoping I don't pick it up myself!

Cheers, I'm just hoping I don't pick it up myself!

Haha that can happen! My pal moved to Wolverhampton to study and he sounds pure brummie now, well sort of. he no longer sounds like a local anyway but they probably say the same about him over there.

He's been over there 7 years or so now though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ah lads Zelda: Breath of the Wild is only epic :eek:

Anyone playing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

manual_man wrote: »
    Ah lads Zelda: Breath of the Wild is only epic :eek:

Anyone playing it?

Yep, it's excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

By the way. In the greatest FPL / LOI mashup news ever.

Mr P has signed for FHFC..... :D

https://twitter.com/chrismcnulty86/status/840553986889465856

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    By the way. In the greatest FPL / LOI mashup news ever.

Mr P has signed for FHFC..... :D

https://twitter.com/chrismcnulty86/status/840553986889465856

:pac:

Oh how the world works in such strange ways :D

Backing donkeys is a mugs game!

Haven't had a win all day! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

How dare you speak about Christian Benteke that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Apples Jade and Tiger Roll I love Michael O'Leary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hey lads, myself and my son are driving up to Ireland v Wales on Friday but I'm.lookokg for advice on how to get to Aviva if I get parking at Red Cow/Luas Car park.

We plan to arrive at Luas car park at 2pm or so.

dahat wrote: »
    Hey lads, myself and my son are driving up to Ireland v Wales on Friday but I'm.lookokg for advice on how to get to Aviva if I get parking at Red Cow/Luas Car park.

Kick off is 7.45 right? Arriving that early you could walk it :pac:

Seriously though, I haven't done that trip myself in a few years but I think the red Luas line to Abbey Street and then the Dart from Tara Street (I think?) to Lansdowne is your best bet. Someone more familiar might be able to confirm or correct me though.

Enjoy the game, heading up myself also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

dahat wrote: »

Luas to abbey st then dart from tara st to Lansdowne

Anyone else having problems with the forum on chrome on android the last few days?

Freezing constantly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Anyone else having problems with the forum on chrome on android the last few days?

Freezing constantly.

Yep, it posted the same comment 12 times for me in the matchday thread. It kept freezing when I clicked 'POST'

Anyone stay up for the golf? Hard not to be delighted for Sergio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I didn't watch it but wish I had as it seemed like an intriguing finish. Garcia is one of golf's good guys, delighted for him.

All the more special for him that he won on what would have been his hero Seve Ballesteros' 60th birthday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

R.i.P. Chris Cornell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just recently getting into Snapchat. Following a few funny accounts like The White Moose Café. Anyone recommend any good Soccer or FPL related accounts?

Not sure if this is allowed so if not please remove MODs

I've started up a new business selling t-shirts and wall prints of my own pop cultured inspired designs for anyone interested.

Make great gifts for film geeks and movie buffs ;)

http://therepublicofgeek

Give us an aul follow on Facebook while you're at it please, there a competition on at the moment to win a free tee too:
    https://www.facebook.com/therepublicofgeek/

Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've started up a new business selling t-shirts and wall prints of my own pop cultured inspired designs for anyone interested.

Rule 1 of online marketing - get the URL right:o

Doing my first ever Triathlon tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.

Get pesky 'pretend to actually have a life' stuff out of the way before the season starts obviously. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:

Get pesky 'pretend to actually have a life' stuff out of the way before the season starts obviously. ;)

Best of luck.

I've done a few myself.
    Nothing can prepare you for the feeling in your legs after transition from bike to run ;)

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Rule 1 of online marketing - get the URL right:o

Well that's embarrassing! :o

Not sure if this is allowed so if not please remove MODs

Give us an aul follow on Facebook while you're at it please, there a competition on at the moment to win a free tee too:
    https://www.facebook.com/therepublicofgeek/

Cheers lads

Any Thundercats merch

Any Thundercats merch

Not just yet but classic cartoons will definitely be added soon, Thundercats, Jace & The Wheeled warriors, Ulysses 31, He-Man, Silverhawks, M.A.S.K etc

follow us on Facebook to find out when they are released ;)

How did you get on?

Considering going for one myself, if I can get my big arse on a bike :pac:

How did you get on?

Considering going for one myself, if I can get my big arse on a bike :pac:

Not so bad. It doesn't take mad training to complete a sprint really. The weather was terrible and swim was awful, rough and choppy, but still managed a respectable 1h32m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rest in peace Chester Bennington. Suicide's an awful awful thing. :(

Lads. I'm playing a fans fundraising match on the hallowed turf of Finn Park later today. Will be lining up with a couple of guest legends including Stephen Parkhouse and Kevin McHugh.

Despite a complete lack of footballing ability myself I'm buzzing! :D

Hoping for a goal and assist and 3 bonus at least! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FHTC (TC)

Lads. I'm playing a fans fundraising match on the hallowed turf of Finn Park later today. Will be lining up with a couple of guest legends including Stephen Parkhouse and Kevin McHugh.

Despite a complete lack of footballing ability myself I'm buzzing! :D

Hoping for a goal and assist and 3 bonus at least! ;)

Let the record reflect that I got an assist for Kevin McHugh. :D

That's going on my headstone...

missed out on bonus due to not making any tackles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Let the record reflect that I got an assist for Kevin McHugh. :D

That's going on my headstone...

missed out on bonus due to not making any tackles!!

I hope it was an assist for a pass and not one of those assists you get for getting fouled for a free kick or a peno.

I hope it was an assist for a pass and not one of those assists you get for getting fouled for a free kick or a peno.

It was a through ball. But it was one of those where he then beat 2 men and stuck it in the top corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I have been to 15 Roscommon Senior County hurling and football Finals with my club Padraig Pearses since 2002, we drew 3 and lost 12, but yesterday we won the Senior Hurling Final for the first time in 30 years. Unreal.
    There is hope for Mayo yet!

I asked recently about soccer apps that showed info on line-ups, subs, stats, scorers and assists and so on.

About 4-5 were recommended on here and I’ve tried them and the winner is ‘sofascore’ so thanks to whoever suggested it.

I asked recently about soccer apps that showed info on line-ups, subs, stats, scorers and assists and so on.

About 4-5 were recommended on here and I’ve tried them and the winner is ‘sofascore’ so thanks to whoever suggested it.

Yeah I use that. Used to use fotmob but the goal notifications on it went to shít

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Are we watching much of the Winter Olympics?

Snowboard Cross (Boardercross) is possibly THE greatest thing I've ever seen! I mean holy sh!t it's absolutely mental :D

• Advertisement

Are we watching much of the Winter Olympics?

Snowboard Cross (Boardercross) is possibly THE greatest thing I've ever seen! I mean holy sh!t it's absolutely mental :D

Every time I watch a sport in the winter Olympics it becomes the most mental sport I've ever seen, they're all insane :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Unfortunately the time difference means this WO is passing me by, and I do normally like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Darron Gibson drink driving again wrote off a few parked cars today. The guy needs help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thought this post would be about the rugby! Was an epic performance today and throughout the six nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I promise it's my last (at least for today :p) World Cup related post but I just wanted to share this (among many many others) beautiful image.
    We've been gathering and regrouping for and against terrible events and tragedies over the past few years. Our "Euro" was a great break among those heavy news but not with the finale we all expected. We got it yesterday and seeing all this jubilation across the whole country really does some good (and brings back (great) memories from 98' :)).

9fe5f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

How is one meant to think straight when this heat is absolutely destroying me

Scenes at the hockey world cup. Ireland ladies in to the final! Incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭McBain11

Scenes at the hockey world cup. Ireland ladies in to the final! Incredible!
    Absolutely brilliant to watch. Amazing to see an Irish team at this level of international sport in a world cup final. It really will be David vs Goliath tomorrow whichever side they end up having, already a phenomenal achievement in itself to get to the final. The drama of the penalty shootouts as well, something else!!! Special mention for the keeper who seems unbeatable at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Great conditions for the Galway vs Limerick game.
    Hope it's a tight one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone going to EP?

Advertisement