Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTE Master socket

• 30-09-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a new NTE master socket with an ADSL filter built into the faceplate. Something like this Anyone know if the UK BT ones will work here or if not where I can purchase one?

Eircom I think charge €100.... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

derek214 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a new NTE master socket with an ADSL filter built into the faceplate. Something like this Anyone know if the UK BT ones will work here or if not where I can purchase one?

Eircom I think charge €100.... :eek:

Is that not the exact same one they put in for efibre for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

Are you talking about the one in the link i attached? Not sure what they install for efibre but I would guess it is as I know they do centralised filtering. However eFibre is not available in my area yet...

Are you talking about the one in the link i attached? Not sure what they install for efibre but I would guess it is as I know they do centralised filtering. However eFibre is not available in my area yet...

This is the one they use now.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

red_bairn wrote: »
    This is the one they use now.

Cheers Red, Any ideas where I can get my hands on one? Have rang a few electrical & comms wholesalers with no joy.

Cheers Red, Any ideas where I can get my hands on one? Have rang a few electrical & comms wholesalers with no joy.

You could try out Maplin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Next time you See an Eircom Van thats where i got mine i have the New NTU although it has being around for Years unless the Internals have Changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Well everything up to AND including the NTU belong to eircom so technically if it's broken it's not a "line fault" and they should replace it, also you shouldn't really be replacing an NTU...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

http://www.kedingtondirect.ie/index.php/structured-cabling/pressac-dsl-filters/pressac-adsl-centralised-filter.html

heres the filter anyways

edit:

every thing u want in here for €20

make an offer of €10 for the filter and socket and im sure u will get them

http://www.adverts.ie/other-peripherals/cables-ram-power-leads-sockets/3197421

Advertisement