Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couch cleaning

Options
  • 30-09-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend companies that do couch cleaning in Waterford?

From Google I've found MHL Cleaning, Chem Dry, MobiClean, Cleaning Doctor, and Cleanforce.ie.
    Has anyone used any of these that they could recommend them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've used cleaningdoctor.ie for my Super-King Matress after a spillage, and i couldn't recommend him more. Lovely chap, quick job (though not as quiet as advertised, but that could just be for carpets!). Matress was like new! Very reasonable also.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

used the cleaning doctor last december myself for my couch and two armchairs..his work was top notch and a nice fella into the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

you could try cleaning it yourself by renting out a rug doctor from home base or tesco,it comes with a hand attachment so you use it on the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks all. Just saw that Rug Doctor in Tesco today and picked up the leaflet. Reviews online seem good so might give that a try first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

We used the Rug Doctor thing from Tesco there a few weeks ago. Cleaned 3 carpeted bedrooms, stairs and landing with it. Also cleaned a big 3 corner couch. Cleaning the couch was a pain in the b@lls tbh but it did turn out pretty good. The carpets were perfect, the stairs a bit streaky but much cleaner also.

Would recommend it. Cost about €60 for the machine and the 2 bottles of detergent. Get the anti-foam thing as well, it's a bit of a rip off as it should be included but we didn't use it and got foam all over the place when cleaning the couch. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

..Brian.. wrote: »
    We used the Rug Doctor thing from Tesco there a few weeks ago. Cleaned 3 carpeted bedrooms, stairs and landing with it. Also cleaned a big 3 corner couch. Cleaning the couch was a pain in the b@lls tbh but it did turn out pretty good. The carpets were perfect, the stairs a bit streaky but much cleaner also.

Would recommend it. Cost about €60 for the machine and the 2 bottles of detergent. Get the anti-foam thing as well, it's a bit of a rip off as it should be included but we didn't use it and got foam all over the place when cleaning the couch. :o

Thanks Brian, just wondering was the couch very wet afterwards and did it take long to dry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

No not at all. It's very foamy so the water doesn't penetrate very deep. It was sunny out when we did so left the cushions out in the garden for a few hours and they were grand. You don't need to take the sponge out of the cushion covers either, just clean the whole thing. I'd say if you do it in the morning and left the heating on you'd be able to sit on it again by evening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

fairviewcleaning.ie did ours recently, great job and it was cheaper than that.

Advertisement