Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beclare Sports Field

Options
  • 30-09-2013 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi,

Quick question.

The GAA pitch in Belclare looks lit up some nights with lights.
    Is it allowed to run around it? Is there a gravel or tarmac track around it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It does be lit up coz there's astro turf up there. I haven't been there since they did it up but I can't see how they'd have fit any sort of running track around it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DecQ

I'd say there's no problem with people running around the sports fields in Belclare....I've seen a few running when I bring the kids over to the playground there. Not sure of the road surface though.....there is a compacted gravel track up to the astroturf and I think there may be a narrow path for walking/running around the remainder of the pitches. Not sure about running it at night. Surely safer than the road apart from the possibility of a turned ankle.

Advertisement