Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC fans still running after shutdown

Options
  • 30-09-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hello there guys, I built this PC a couple of months back with your help and haven't had any problems since, apart from this.

Every time i shut down my PC, through the start menu or by pushing the button on the case, it goes through the usual shut down process except when the monitor goes black, all the fans, LEDs and disc drive stay going. I can shut it off entirely after this by holding down the power button on the case but that gets rather annoying.

I've tried what this guy has said here
    One thing that you can try is to unplug the power supply from the wall socket and then remove the cmos battery from the motherboard , once you remove it then press and hold the power button for 10 sec or more to let all the voltage drain off. Then put the battery back in and plug in the psu and see if the problem is still there.
    But that didnt work.

The only other solutions I can find are to replace the thermal paste, the cpu fan or the motherboard. Could anyone offer any advice please?

Comments

Advertisement