Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Briarhill Underpass

Options
  • 30-09-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here use the underpass to cross the dual carriageway?

Is it safe or best avoided?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Safe? From loitering scumbags or something?

I must watch Harry Brown again, great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Great film indeed.

It's fine, I wouldnt be wandering through aimlessly at midnight but why would anyone? It's short, used often for people heading for the evening 'walk aorund the racecourse'. Dont let the grafitti and few smashed bottles put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm not sure why anyone would bother now that the RAB's gone .... but safe enough if you keep your head about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

It's grand. That said I rarely use it now that the roundabout is no more. There were occasionally teenyboppers having a few bottles but never saw anything too bad there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Have ran through it daytime ( during a run not out of fear!!) , saw nobody any time, its very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

I walk through all time, on my own and with baby never seen any trouble. There is always broken glass there as said but that's it and I've gone through it between 9a.m. and 10p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

I'm not sure why anyone would bother now that the RAB's gone .... but safe enough if you keep your head about you.

I still use it just to avoid waiting at two sets of pedestrian lights, can take a while as the traffic streams from few directions on the far side so tunnel is quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Didn't even know it existed!! Where exactly is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It can be seen in satellite view on google maps at the briarhill intersection (well maps still show roundabout).

Here (btw, words cannot describe how sucky new google maps are)..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Rarely used it when the RAB was there (race week was the only time I would use it), crossing was never an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

It all becomes clear now, I never noticed the pedestrian crossing when driving at that junction

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I use it on the bike, going in and out of work so use it around 8AM and 4PM. I find it fine. I have seen a few kids sitting under there drinking but I'm through so fast that they wouldn't have time to bother me if they wanted to. Biggest annoyance is the broken glass when cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Reason I avoid it on the bike is all the broken glass (+ the odd burnt out car)Came across 2 over the years, one actually inside the tunnell, can see the sorch marks on the tarmac.

Advertisement