Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner in town mid week

Options
  • 30-09-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Evening guys. Quick question, would be great to get some feedback. Bringing someone out on a date later this week in the city centre for dinner.

At the minute there are 3 venues that have been recommended; yamamori noodles, dada restaurant and fade street social. Have only been to yamamori noodles before and had planned there initially, but have been given the other 2 as suggestions... anyone been to the others and willing to make a recommendation? Would just like somewhere cool, 'semi formal' and with a good atmosphere/decor...

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

yamamori is good.
    Is that their new one beside the Globe? That's a pretty funky place - more into sushi etc...
    Isykaya or something?
    I thought Fade Street Social was pretentious and a rip off at that... but some will probably love it for what it is.

Yamamori is really good. Delicious food, good atmosphere. I haven't been to the other two.

I really like Saba and Alfies too. Yummy food, yummier cocktails, and not too stuffy!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Fade Street Social is ok, very expensive i thought as well.
    Yamamori is good so is Ukiyo on Exchequer Street (across the road) similar food but not as large so could be good for a date. Haven't been to Dada but friend was there recently and had nothing but good to say about it

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Yamamori is nice and relatively well priced for what you get.

Wagamamas is another option - slightly less formal but fantastic food, well priced and I would consider it a less awkward place for a first date.

Fade Street social seems to be overpriced and rather pretentious but I've not eaten their food so can only go on what I've been told.

There's a multitude of nice Chinese restaurants on Parnell Street. all of them that I have tried have been lovely.

The Black Sheep on Capel Street and Kavanaghs on Dorset Street do lovely upmarket pub grub and excellent drinks which could make for great conversation on a first date. Their food really is very nice (Kavanaghs especially).

If you're looking for something fancy but well worht the money I would suggest Bang! beside St Stephens Green. Lovely food, good location, lovely surroundings. Pricey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Out of the 3 you posted I'd pick Dada - it's just so cool and quirky inside, and I really like the food. Yamamori is a bit noisy (if you mean the Georges St one) and less intimate I think? Haven't been to Fade St yet...

Other places I like are The Port House/Pinxto, San Lorenzos, and one I haven't been too but heard great things about is Terre Madre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I liked Fade Street Social, nice vibe to it too.

Whitefriar Grill has a good vibe and is busy mid-week (or at least it was a few weeks ago).

Koh is a lovely asian restaurant and has great cocktails too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

What about Fallon & Byrne?. Fab food, great cocktails and nice wine list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

skimpydoo wrote: »
    What about Fallon & Byrne?. Fab food, great cocktails and nice wine list.

If you wanted to keep it nice and casual, the downstairs wine bar is good. They do nice charcuterie and cheese plates, also ely do pretty much the same, lower lighting too (which helps, well it did me).

Advertisement