Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

• 30-09-2013 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Not sure if travelfish or loenelyplanet would be a better place to post this but i'll post anyway. So i'm heading off on my first solo trip soon, gonna do the fairly classic route of BKK-Chiang Mai-Huay Xai-Luang Prabang-Vang Vieng-Vientaine-Si Phan Don-Kratie-Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Sihanoukville-BKK then possibly down to phi phi. Anyway just wondering if anyone knows at this time of year will it be more difficult to meet people? seeing as it's low season I'm imagining it's gonna be tougher, the fact i'm slightly shy doesn't help. Also, I've budgeted for 40 euro a day and my trip is 8 weeks in total, is this enough time and budget to have a fun trip? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 HodgeDog

If you say that you are shy, then having a trip on your own is a great way to boost up your confidence, doesn't matter if it is low season, in these places you will meet people anyway. Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Low season is a relative thing in SE Asia. There is still a ton of people there.
    40 euro is more than enough unless you like to splurge.

Advertisement