Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

experiences

• 30-09-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Calling all mammy's and daddy's my almost 6 month old is teething and two teeth are almost there but not fully. He's been a night terror not sleeping and has only started accepting his bottle after near 3 days of sayin no to it. He cry's during the day a lot and iv done all I can think of. He now has a 2-3 hour nap in the middle of the day but only on my chest. I don't mind this but he's tired and we're tired and he's so upset so I was wondering have any of you done somethin you think works I'll try anything

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Calgel. I swear by it it works wonders. Buyersclub often have it but other then that need to get it from the uk. They do have it at the moment :)

Other then that teethers that can be frozen really help and a Sophie Giraffe: I got the small teether version and she found it easier to hold then the big version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Amber necklaces or braclets are supposed to be brilliant although I never used one!
    I always found bongela brilliant for my little fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

The teething rings he hates just doesn't like holding them or chewing them but everything else he chews

Will try bonjella for now me thinks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

frozen banana in a baby feeder during the day seems to relieve some of the pain.
    Calgel is great and sometimes it does take a spoon of calpol/paracetamol to ease the pain for them.

Calpol at night is what I'm tryin tonight. He'll want a bottle in couple of hours so will give some then just in time for the bad part of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Sometimes you just have to give calpol or nurofen. On the really bad days I used to give a spoon of it in the afternoon, another at bedtime and then one more during the night if he woke up crying.

I was all ready to give it to him when he woke at 12 but he didn't wake then at 3 he had bottle and slept until we got up at 8 and so far he's happy so I'll wait until I have to I'm hoping it's a few nights break now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

That's good. I found the teething pain went in phases so you'd get a few days together and then it'd settle down again.

Advertisement