Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xtra-vision Closing Sales

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Does anyone know if there is much left in the Blanchardstown store?

Thinking of heading out that direction tomorrow but would be handy to know if it'll be worth the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Vayda wrote: »

Thinking of heading out that direction tomorrow but would be handy to know if it'll be worth the trip.

I dont think it would be worth it..

Unless that is if your looking for BluRays..loads there at about 2 euro each..and loads of sleeveless dvds..

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

ffocused wrote: »
    Carlow is on the HMV concessions list.

Thanks ffocused, could do with a few things for Christmas. Hopefully HMV will do better there.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

kaerobe wrote: »
    ]

Called in last night, business as usual. No sale

nice one, damn them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

Vayda wrote: »

Just dropped in over lunch as im very close- still thousands and thousands of dvds and not so many bluerays.

The bluerays i got are out of box - but funnily enough look never played- not even a fingerprint- they look well in a dvd folder book.

Closes i think at 5pm today; last day.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

ozmo wrote: »
    Just dropped in over lunch as im very close- still thousands and thousands of dvds and not so many bluerays.

The bluerays i got are out of box - but funnily enough look never played- not even a fingerprint- they look well in a dvd folder book.

Closes i think at 5pm today; last day.

Just popped in there myself again.
    Only about 20 Blurays left. Mostly pure crap though. I picked up Mamma Mia and a few other such tripe for the Mrs :)
    1000s of DVDs though - mostly out of the box so is a big of work to go through them.
    Some PS2 games too. No Xbox or PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

1000s of DVDs though - mostly out of the box so is a big of work to go through them.

It does not bode well for any future Video Rental or Video Sales shop if they cannot shift fairly new DVD films at 30cents each.

Anyone get anything good?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Are the soon-to-be concession stores having sales?

Will be in Athlone at the weekend myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I just walked into my local Blanchardtown blanch 30 mins ago and baught an empty box for a tenner and filled it up. Mostly rubbish but I did get a few gems there. the kids were well happy with all the posters an such I got. I believe the store is gone now. sad days are these....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I just walked into my local Blanchardtown blanch 30 mins ago and baught an empty box for a tenner and filled it up. Mostly rubbish but I did get a few gems there. the kids were well happy with all the posters an such I got. I believe the store is gone now. sad days are these....
    So you paid a tenner and could fill it up with whatever you wanted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Missed the shannon one closing yesterday, 430pm is very early to close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Well it doesnt look the same in Xtravision in Letterkenny as i called in to get a magazine & notice that they had ex rentals for €8 like Silver Linings Playbook, Star Trek Into Darkness etc & TV Boxsets for €17.99! 2 for €30!!

One of which they had on display was the Breaking Bad boxsets 1 - 4 would cost you €60 & on Amazon afaik £34.
    As i think they were doin a similar deals a while ago with food & longer stays with the videos.

But that's the way things are going now, as i was in HMV last xmas, the only thing cheap there was the books as i got HungerGames books for €5, €8 for a single book in Easons. The HMV manager told me that people are coming in & scanning the barcode from the disc onto their smartphones to see where they get it cheaper!

Is there a list of XtraVision shops nearing closure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 FlawlessWeb

Anyone any idea how the Drogheda store is doing and if its likely to face the chop?

I know that they have not reopened the large HMV store as of yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Tinie wrote: »
    So you paid a tenner and could fill it up with whatever you wanted?

yes. but that that point there was not much left. Still I had a job carrying that box home it was heavy and full of goodies....

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Anyone any idea how the Drogheda store is doing and if its likely to face the chop?

I know that they have not reopened the large HMV store as of yet..

Drogheda Xtravision store not closing, HMV will be going into it soon.
    The old staff from the Drogheda HMV are opening an Independant Music store in a few weeks in Scotch hall beside Gamestop bty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

was in Edenderry xtra vision last week, think it was the last few days of sale. DS12 got 80 pc games for E12. Some looked old but brand new World of warcraft marked E30 and Elderscrolls, microsoft flight simulator delux were among his find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

garden wrote: »
    was in Edenderry xtra vision last week, think it was the last few days of sale. DS12 got 80 pc games for E12. Some looked old but brand new World of warcraft marked E30 and Elderscrolls, microsoft flight simulator delux were among his find.
    World of Warcraft is an MMO which requires a subscription to play. There might be 30 days free in the box he bought, but after that payment will be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Is Kilkenny having a sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Galway Xtravision having a sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JJPD

Does anybody know when nutgrove is closing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement