Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management agency error

Options
  • 30-09-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

We hired an agent to manage our rental property. We recently found out that we would need to move back into the property and so contacted the agency. They said the tenants were on a rolling month to month/ part 4, and that the notice period would be 42 days and they would send the letter out immediately.
    We would be ten days without accommodation, but family had agreed to let us stay with them while we waited. I contacted the agency today to find out whether the tenants had confirmed receipt of the letter. The agent tells me she forgot to send it out! And now with the notice period we will have nowhere to live for a month.
    Im wondering what, if any, course of action we can take against the agency, as we paid for their services and they will have put us seriously out of pocket with their incompetence.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭camphor

We hired an agent to manage our rental property. We recently found out that we would need to move back into the property and so contacted the agency. They said the tenants were on a rolling month to month/ part 4, and that the notice period would be 42 days and they would send the letter out immediately.
    We would be ten days without accommodation, but family had agreed to let us stay with them while we waited. I contacted the agency today to find out whether the tenants had confirmed receipt of the letter. The agent tells me she forgot to send it out! And now with the notice period we will have nowhere to live for a month.
    Im wondering what, if any, course of action we can take against the agency, as we paid for their services and they will have put us seriously out of pocket with their incompetence.

Thanks
    You can sue them for negligence.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You can lodge a complaint with the Property Services Regulatory Authority- with whom they are supposed to be registered and licensed. www.psr.ie for further information

Advertisement