Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom light problem

Options
  • 30-09-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I have a florescent tube light that goes over the sink in the bathroom. There's a two pin socket on it also that powers a toothbrush etc. Last week one of the lights blew so I went and bought a replacement energy saving light. When I brought it home it didn't work. There is also no power going to the toothbrush so I imagine that the circuit is completed using a working light. My question is; is my light fitting incompatible with energy saving lights?

http://sdrv.ms/17jKkMl

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

As far as I recall there is a safety switch that is activated by removing / reinstalling the cover. Are you sure that you have reinstalled the cover correctly? This would prevent the light & socket from functioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

GENIUS!:D

I fix computers and normally the last thing I put on is the cover! Safety switches huh? Who would've thunk it?!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Dont know much technically about these but mine wouldnt work till i put the cover back on and make sure cover is on right and not upside down.

Advertisement