Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Airways 'Take Flight Certificate' experiences

Options
  • 30-09-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi, mods feel free to move this to the appropriate forum if this is the wrong place, thanks.

I recently returned from San Francisco to Dublin with US airways, connecting through Philadelphia however the Philadelphia - Dublin flight was overbooked and I was placed on a US airways flight to Manchester instead (with another connection to Dublin later that day).

For my troubles, I received a Take Flight Certificate for a certain sum which can be used against the price of a US airways ticket. The terms of the certificate state that it can be used with codeshare partners however I'm not sure if this means flights that are just operated by partners or if it can be used to pay for an actual ticket sold by a partner. Could anyone who has experience with these clarify this?
    Also - the certificate is transferable so would anyone know of any issues that could arise if I was to sell it?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement