Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is UCD's signature building?

Options
  • 30-09-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭

For most of the past Century most people would have argued for either Earlsfort Terrace (now National Concert Hall) or what is now Government Buildings on Merrion Street.

earlsfortterrace.jpg

P5292590.jpg

What do you think it is today? Is it the unfortunate looking James Joyce Library or one of the many modern buildings on campus; O'Reilly Hall, Quinn, Sutherland, Science or Health Sciences? Smurfit is probably the nicest "old" building but isn't on the main campus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I really like the 'ugly' concrete ones.

Outside of the Ag building has a certain something (inside of it however is a different story...).

New science building is beautiful, new law one is shaping up to be pretty lovely looking too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

303601_96169168.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

It's not a building - I think the signature image of UCD is the Lake, and people sitting around it studying/chatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

The Blob

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I reckon it's the new Student Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

The Yellow Submarine?

pod2.jpg?w=520&h=785

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

O Reilly is without a doubt the prospectus shot ucd uses. Its not my favourite building by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

O'Reilly Hall for me, probably because it was on the front of the prospectuses. Other than that maybe the water tower but there isn't really a standout building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

UCD have owned some nice buildings in the past! I only just saw this now;

lyons-demesne-la-propiedad-mas-cara-de-irlanda-a-la-venta-1.jpg?w=680

Lyons Demense. They sold the house and a lot of the land in 90s but Ag, Food Science and Vet School still use half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

themont85 wrote: »
    UCD have owned some nice buildings in the past! I only just saw this now;

lyons-demesne-la-propiedad-mas-cara-de-irlanda-a-la-venta-1.jpg?w=680

Lyons Demense. They sold the house and a lot of the land in 90s but Ag, Food Science and Vet School still use half of it.

Its for sale if anyone wants to buy it i hear 25million will get it for you now was 80+ 5 years ago....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Conflats wrote: »
    Its for sale if anyone wants to buy it i hear 25million will get it for you now was 80+ 5 years ago....

I hope it isn't gone by Thursday, that's when I get my pocket money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

The Science building, when completed, will be a fantastic building.

Advertisement