Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative & Cultural Studies - DIT

Options
  • 30-09-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey Guys!

I just dropped out of College and thinking of going into either Fine Art in DIT or Creative and Cultural Studies

I know about the Fine Arts but the creative and cultural studies caught my attention too.

So when I was looking over it, it looks like there's a lot of Law and Business modules in it, is there a lot of maths or theory on law and business?
    If I went onto this course what career prospects are in this?
    Can someone who has done it or is in it tell me more about it?..

I am interested in becoming an art teacher in Fine Arts, though If I don't have enough points for that I might go on to do Creative & C.S.
    I enjoy literature, education, arts(fine arts), fashion styling so any of it will be what I want to get into in the future, im unsure if that this course is for me BUT I like to know more of creative and cultural studies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

xblinkx wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

I just dropped out of College and thinking of going into either Fine Art in DIT or Creative and Cultural Studies

I know about the Fine Arts but the creative and cultural studies caught my attention too.

So when I was looking over it, it looks like there's a lot of Law and Business modules in it, is there a lot of maths or theory on law and business?
    If I went onto this course what career prospects are in this?
    Can someone who has done it or is in it tell me more about it?..

I am interested in becoming an art teacher in Fine Arts, though If I don't have enough points for that I might go on to do Creative & C.S.
    I enjoy literature, education, arts(fine arts), fashion styling so any of it will be what I want to get into in the future, im unsure if that this course is for me BUT I like to know more of creative and cultural studies

Take a look at the course modules on the website and talk to the course coordinators. As far as I know there is no maths, but there is a fair bit of business and law, at least in the beginning. If you have dropped out of college I am not sure how this course will suit you though - it is very intense.

Advertisement