Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer not coming out of standby properly. Specs at the end.

Options
  • 30-09-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,935 ✭✭✭✭

Computer trouble of late,

Randomly, when attempting to wake the computer out of standby, the monitor doesn't receive a signal. I hear the computer spin up, the mouse lights up, the keyboard lights up - momentarily - and then goes dead again. I'm not getting a signal to the monitor from the GPU but I have an extended desktop to the TV using an HDMI from the onboard graphics port. That's not outputting either. The computer comes on fine from a total power off though. It seems to be restricted to the occasional seemingly random instance coming out instance coming out of sleep. Looking through the logs, I'm suspecting a CCC issue but this just began happening out of the blue ,almost, before I installed the latest set of ATI drivers as well - that's why I installed the new set. I don't know if it's a driver issue, or a hardware issue, or a power issue or a windows issue. The computer's being running perfectly 'til now and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. I can't seem to remote into the computer with pocketcloud from the iPad either and it doesn't seem to want to shutdown except for a hard reset which I really don't like doing. I'm seeing way too much of the chkdisk screen lately....

Any ideas? Which logs to check? What to look for?

Internal specs -

Windows 7 64 bit
    Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
    2600K at stock clocks
    Sapphire 6870/ stock clocks
    OCZ ZT 650W
    8GB Ripjaws
    OCZ Agility 128 GB
    Crucial 64 GB (boot)
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB (storage)

Monitor : Asus VE228

Advertisement