Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMac internet problem & a moron (me)

Options
  • 30-09-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi

I need to find a reputable repair centre for my iMac.

On Friday the web stopped working. Today I checked the modem and router against a (Windows) laptop and they are fine.

So, if I start messing around with its settings I'm afraid I'll make it worse. Is there someone out there I can trust with it??

Regards

Edit: Should mention I'm in South Dublin

Thanks

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Where abouts in South Dublin are you ? I work over in Loughlinstown if that's any use to you ?

Ken

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have you tried removing and re-adding the connection? Its more likely to be a software than hardware issue, although the wifi card could have gone in it. You can't really screw up the networking further really, just delete the wifi connection and re-add it and enter the security key.
    Make sure to also run Mac update to get the latest updates for it (use an Ethernet cable to do this) as this will also update the drivers (I *think*)

Nick

Advertisement