Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in America

• 30-09-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, it was either this or the Abroad/USA forum.

I was looking at my options on what to do for my summer holidays in 2014 and I've considered working abroad in the US only or elsewhere in Europe. I know there is a J1 visa which I could apply but one of the requirements of applying for it affects me. I need to have proof that I will return to my studies at the end of my visa period. This is a kind of a problem for me as I'm doing a 1-year Level 5 course (a.k.a. PLC) and I will be applying through the CAO to get into university next September. How does this work for me in relation to applying for the visa and am I eligible for it.

Another thing, I have an uncle who lives in CT and he's an American citizen, could this be different for me as we are related and he's a legal immigrant living over there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

If you get a letter from the CAO to confirm you've applied for courses, etc that should be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

If you get a letter from the CAO to confirm you've applied for courses, etc that should be enough.

Really? That's perfect then. Cheers for the help!

Where would be the recommended places to work in America? I'm thinking of Florida, NYC, Boston or LA. I don't want to go to the desert or the Mid-West as they wouldn't have much to offer 19 year olds during their free time.

Advertisement