Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in UAE Abu dhabi

Options
  • 30-09-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for any insight into working at management/director level in Abu Dhabi. I have seen a job advertised at $30,000 usd per month which I am more thaqualified for.

Anyone have experience of moving the family, young kids under 10, to the middle east?

Would consider a 3 to 5 year gig to build a lump sum to return to Ireland with. But not sure of the pitfalls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

Hey JJm,

I thought I would reply to you on this. Whilst I'm not in Abu Dhabi I'm based in Dubai I thought I could give you some advice.

There is a couple of things which will drain your monthly income in the UAE. Schools for your kids and cost of housing.

Schools depend on the age of the kids and are paid on a quarterly basis and exclude transportation. I think it typical runs at around 25K AED per Child.

Housing is more difficult to gauge in Abu Dhabi as the prices are ever changing down there and new rules for Government workers have caused and increase in demand for Abu Dhabi housing. I would think plus 160K AED per year for a 3-4 bed villa.

Have a look at http://abudhabi.dubizzle.com/property-for-rent/home/ to get an idea of what you would pay.

At 30K $ per month that should not cause you any real issues to be fair.

The pit falls of the region is daily cost of living and most expats get sucked into the cheap credit market that exists out here and tend not to leave with the lump sum.

Otherwise I've been in the UAE for 3 years and love it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TheCruiser

Any tips on where to find job ads for work in the UAE?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

Depends on the field that you want to work in.

The likes of Morgan Mckinely, Charterhouse are good agencies to go through.

I would avoid monstergulf or bayt they tend not to yield great results. Also have a look through linkedin.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

sales roles in UAE for an experienced Irish man ? anyone think just having english is enough, also where to look ?

Advertisement