Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carcass are in their prime.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

New album is amazing, would love to see them over here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

It's good, far from amazing.

Morf wrote: »
    It's good, far from amazing.

when one of your favourite bands finishes, then years later come back with an album like Surgical Steel, then yes. it's amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

excellant album
    hope they visit Dublin, seen them back in nineties in the Tivoli theatre great show

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that video above is amazing! Loving the album, it's taken over my car for the next while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It's a fantastic album, bloody brilliant.

No news on a Dublin date yet I'm afraid.

i bought the Special Edition, it's in a steel tin, limited and numbered to 100, fully signed by band with a load of first aid stuff in it, paid 24.99, they're currently going on ebay for over 100, not that i'd sell it

Gig not long finished in Belfast, for those heading tomorrow be prepared for a great gig. This place is buzzing, see ye at Oktoberfest pre - gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Gig not long finished in Belfast, for those heading tomorrow be prepared for a great gig. This place is buzzing, see ye at Oktoberfest pre - gig!

Nice! The Dublin gig has long been sold out so I'm anticipating a pretty intense performance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Amazing gig last night.

• Advertisement

What an amazing show, gig of the year so far for me without a doubt.

The band were just on fire and seemed to be enjoying every second of it, we were on the barrier and the pit was just NUTS.

Lack of merch, but this was explained on their FB page earlier in the day, all the merch is in transit, a big fcuk up by UPS, they even showed a screenshot of it, delighted to pick up a fully signed copy of Surgical Steel for only a tenner.

Support band were just poor, great tight bunch of musicians but that vocalist, in his swastika t-shirt and a load of swastika's tattoed on his head, not for me at all. Then he said it was hot in here....then take your fcukin jacket off then!!

20140921_000430_zpsf6142352.jpg

IMAG0331_zps4e53481b.jpg

IMAG0355_zps53d3ab79.jpg

IMAG0345_zps6c985e6a.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it's not the first time I've seen Coldwar, and I always feel really uncomfortable with that vocalist. I know why he wears the swastika stuff, but I still don't like it.

Carcass were class, I was up at the barrier on the far side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not the first time I've seen Coldwar, and I always feel really uncomfortable with that vocalist. I know why he wears the swastika stuff, but I still don't like it.
    Why does he? I've seen them before but didn't notice any swastika stuff the last time. Carcass were excellent though, best gig I've been to in a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

iirc, it's a "Gentle Swastika Collective" thing, efforts to reclaim the swastika for its original meaning (I think it was a good luck thing before being adopted by the Nazi party).

http://mesikammen.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/alexa-macdermot-on-irish-swastika-reclaimationists/

iirc, it's a "Gentle Swastika Collective" thing, efforts to reclaim the swastika for its original meaning (I think it was a good luck thing before being adopted by the Nazi party).

http://mesikammen.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/alexa-macdermot-on-irish-swastika-reclaimationists/

Having the thing tattoed all over your face is hardly gentle :rolleyes:

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Great gig alright. Would go back to see them in a flash. Anyone know from what song they took the harmony guitar part that they came on stage to ? Same intro on this video

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Great gig alright. Would go back to see them in a flash. Anyone know from what song they took the harmony guitar part that they came on stage to ? Same intro on this video

It's the first track on Surgical Steel called 1985.

I was talking to Ben after the gig in Belfast and he was saying that they are hoping to add Mount of Execution to the live set as everyone keeps requesting it. He also confirmed as well that Bill Steer is a huge fan of Chas and Dave (I wasn't aware of this).

Have to say I preferred the Belfast gig over the Dublin gig as there was more comfort in the Limelight, the Academy is only so so imo.

Post-gigs blues hitting big time too.

Really enjoyed the gig too tbh.
    Have to say I preferred the Belfast gig over the Dublin gig as there was more comfort in the Limelight, the Academy is only so so imo.

I think The Academy oversells some sold out gigs. They could reduce the capacity by 100 or so to make it more comfortable especially around the entrance and bar areas where there is always a major bottleneck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Passenger wrote: »
    think The Academy oversells some sold out gigs. They could reduce the capacity by 100 or so to make it more comfortable especially around the entrance and bar areas where there is always a major bottleneck.

I was on the right of the stage. It was pretty comfortable over there.

Passenger wrote: »
    I think The Academy oversells some sold out gigs. They could reduce the capacity by 100 or so to make it more comfortable especially around the entrance and bar areas where there is always a major bottleneck.
    That's the main thing I really dislike about gigs in there, when they're sold out it's difficult to even move around in those parts you mentioned. It's not my favourite venue by a mile but it's a lot better when the place isn't at capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

That's the main thing I really dislike about gigs in there, when they're sold out it's difficult to even move around in those parts you mentioned. It's not my favourite venue by a mile but it's a lot better when the place isn't at capacity.

Yeah i find it fine when not at capacity. Annoying when your spending a good few quid and they still have to go and oversell it. The walk way in front of the bar should just be a walk way.

Great performance from Carcass though. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I was on the right of the stage. It was pretty comfortable over there.
    left was also comfortable

Yeah, I was up at the barrier on the left, thought it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

That was a thoroughly enjoyable gig. The place was indeed stuffed to the gills, far less ability to move around that there was at Slayer.

Jeff seemed in top form with plenty of banter between the songs.

I was on the right-hand side as well which wasn't as packed but I think the sound quality suffers a bit in that area so it's a trade-off.

Got in late so I was ordering pints was ColdWar were finishing up so can't really make a judgement on them although the crowd didn't seem over enthusiastic.

Here's a couple I snapped earlier as they say:

yBgU6vV.jpg

VjXXaqv.jpg

Nice pics, DD.
    left was also comfortable
    Yeah, I was up at the barrier on the left, thought it was grand.

How was it when you crossed the room toward the toilet or to the bar?

I didn't go to the bar, and I went to the toilet as soon as I got in. I was up at the front of the queue, which helped there :P

Nice pic DD, I'm right in front of Ben, was pretty cool watching him work, class player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nice pic DD, I'm right in front of Ben, was pretty cool watching him work, class player

Bonus points for me then. Capturing Scudzilla photographically "in the wild" ! :)

Ben is pretty cool alright, fine headbanging technique. Seems to be the quiet man of the band, haven't seen him interviewed much.

Advertisement