Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thread locking - *IMPORTANT* Please read last post

• 30-09-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

What's with all the best threads being locked an deleted lately??

Have other people noticed this??

Seems too he that whenever any sort of discussion just starts too get going its closed. I have spoked too other ppl about this and they said that it is putting them off contributing to forums. Shame really.

Appreciate everyone opinion and feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unless invited to do so by mods, discussing modding in the forum itself is usually a no-no. For that purpose the Feedback forum exists.
    I'm closing this for the time being until local mods decide on how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

leppla wrote: »

Seems too he that whenever any sort of discussion just starts too get going its closed. I have spoked too other ppl about this and they said that it is putting them off contributing to forums. Shame really.

Just interested on which thread you are referring to?

If is the thread about the Range Rover and the bikes, there is an open thread in the motors forum.

Please feel free to continue the discussion there.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

P.C. wrote: »
    Just interested on which thread you are referring to?

If is the thread about the Range Rover and the bikes, there is an open thread in the motors forum.

Please feel free to continue the discussion there.

Yes PC that is one of the threads I am referring too!!

There is a lot of motorbikes in that video and therefore it will be mostly bikers looking too discuss the video, therefore I believe it more suitable for it to be located in the motorbike section!

If you locked the thread due to it being over on the motoring section can you please explain why you posted the following when you locked the thread??

I am worried that this video is attracting the wrong sort of attention.

We do not have enough information to make a judgement of who was right, and who was wrong.

There have been a few posts with very broad sweeping statements about different groups of people.

Due to this, I am locking this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So basically it was locked because in "your" opinion you don't agree with what is being said........can you post up exactly what you deem inappropriate in that thread please, so I can refrain from wasting my time in future posting in topics that will be shut minutes later.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hey OP. I recommend Loctite Threadlocker. I've used it before on some bolts on halfshafts on a cage and they never budged.

• Advertisement

Hey OP. I recommend Loctite Threadlocker. I've used it before on some bolts on halfshafts on a cage and they never budged.

I also have that but the thing to be careful with that stuff is to use in "sparingly".

Maybe some lads just need a dictionary too look up words like "sparingly" and "moderation"

Yes PC that is one of the threads I am referring too!!

There is a lot of motorbikes in that video and therefore it will be mostly bikers looking too discuss the video, therefore I believe it more suitable for it to be located in the motorbike section!

If you locked the thread due to it being over on the motoring section can you please explain why you posted the following when you locked the thread??

Why are you not joining the discussion in the thread in motors?

I have noticed a few posters posting there, why have you not contributed?

The motorbike forum is a sub forum of the motors forum, I am happy for the discussion to continue there. It would be of interest to read your comments and view points there.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So basically it was locked because in "your" opinion you don't agree with what is being said........can you post up exactly what you deem inappropriate in that thread please, so I can refrain from wasting my time in future posting in topics that will be shut minutes later.

Thank you.

It was locked due to reported posts.

Other users deemed thing to be inappropriate.

I guess that means that you want to ask other posters what they think is appropriate. Or you could read the boards.ie charter and rules.

Why have you not contributed to the thread on the main page of the motors forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I x-posted it here cos there were bikes involved.

At the time, there wasn't a huge amount of info available and on motors it was just a biker bashing exercise. (since then it's been shown the 'bikers' (loose term for those lads) were in the wrong))

Its open on the motoring section so its just inappropriate for the motorbike section? Sorry I must have missed that one in the Boards.ie rules.
    I guess that means that you want to ask other posters what they think is appropriate. Or you could read the boards.ie charter and rules.
    You can guess whatever you want PC.
    Why have you not contributed to the thread on the main page of the motors forum?
    simply because I have not contributed to it. Not that it is any of your concern.

• Advertisement

Its open on the motoring section so its just inappropriate for the motorbike section? Sorry I must have missed that one in the Boards.ie rules.

You can guess whatever you want PC.

simply because I have not contributed to it. Not that it is any of your concern.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So if you do not want to contribute, why are you so worrried that the thread was locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

As a prick moderator decided to perma ban me from motors, then step down & close his account immediately afterwards I can't contribute to the thread in the motors forum.

But I could discuss it with the real life people in facebookland :)

Thanks for clearing that up.

So if you do not want to contribute, why are you so worrried that the thread was locked?

PC I am not worried about why you locked that thread, I have far more important things in my life.

I was looking for a discussion and hopefully an explanation on why the motorbike section has gone too the dogs lately . . . but I have just found the answer myself.

Keep up the good work dude!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

As a prick moderator decided to perma ban me from motors, then step down & close his account immediately afterwards I can't contribute to the thread in the motors forum.

But I could discuss it with the real life people in facebookland :)

You'll learn that all moderators are pricks Clare Worried Silhouette! :P

Well then in future may I suggest you write that other posters deemed it inappropriate instead of "YOU" deeming it so. As I can only go with what you post and I can read. That is what you said is it not....that you deemed it so, It could be misconstrued that you were closing threads on a whim....God forbid.

I could link the post for you if you like, but it seems to have been deleted!!! God job Leppla has it quoted in his posts. Posts getting deleted now is a NEW LOW :rolleyes:

The reason that I have not contributed to the motors section on this (not that I have to explain myself to you) is that I believe along with most of the forum that it belongs in the motorbike section as its predominantly motorbikes which would indeed concur with the boards.ie charter and rules. I did not think that you had the power to "TELL" people where to post now as well P.C.

Have a nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

RosieJoe wrote: »
    You'll learn that all moderators are pricks Makikomi! :P

As I moderate the martial arts forum I have to remember that whoever I ban etc might be judging one of my fights, he could be a competitor etc... Most of us there who cross paths regularly enough ~ it puts manners on a man :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Could of sworn this was going to be about nut lock.

So the discussion on the RR incident was closed because another forum is discussing it?

I understand why this is done sometimes, but i don't think it needs to be done all the time. It's up to the mod I guess.

Posts getting deleted now is a NEW LOW :rolleyes:

Posts get deleted often.

I know that a few of your posts have been deleted by different mods.
    I could check and see if you have deleted any of your own posts.

I have not deleted a post for a long time.

If you have deleted your own posts, is that also a 'new low'?

Well then in future may I suggest you write that other posters deemed it inappropriate instead of "YOU" deeming it so. As I can only go with what you post and I can read. That is what you said is it not....that you deemed it so, It could be misconstrued that you were closing threads on a whim....God forbid.

You can suggest all you want.
    The reason for the thread being locked is in the last post of the thread.

If you have a problem with that, take it to the help desk. They will get a Cmod or an Admin to look at it.

Interesting that you picked up on that one particular item out of my whole post.......says it all really.

On a different note P.C, one of my favourite characters in a film is the Wizard from the Wizard of Oz ever seen that film? You must have.....you know the dude that sits behind the curtain pretending he is all powerful and wise when truth be told behind the curtain he has not got a fookin clue what he is doing!!!!!

• Advertisement

You can suggest all you want.
    The reason for the thread being locked is in the last post of the thread.

If you have a problem with that, take it to the help desk. They will get a Cmod or an Admin to look at it.

I think what wondaboy is getting at is the fact that you have just changed your end post in the range rover thread. Which is fine and I dont mind. But I along with a a lot of other motorbike forum users would appreciate if you just admit you did it and took it on the chin rather than pussy footing about!!

Original reason posted in the forum:
    Originally Posted by P.C. viewpost.gif

We do not have enough information to make a judgement of who was right, and who was wrong.

There have been a few posts with very broad sweeping statements about different groups of people.

You have now changed it too read

There is a thread on the motors forum discussing this.

Please post there

Thread locked.

No doubt you did that to back up you argument in this current thread. :D:D

Interesting that you picked up on that one particular item out of my whole post.......says it all really.

On a different note P.C, one of my favourite characters in a film is the Wizard from the Wizard of Oz ever seen that film? You must have.....you know the dude that sits behind the curtain pretending he is all powerful and wise when truth be told behind the curtain he has not got a fookin clue what he is doing!!!!!

Great film.

Maybe we should move this to the film section now

PC I am not worried about why you locked that thread, I have far more important things in my life.

I was looking for a discussion and hopefully an explanation on why the motorbike section has gone too the dogs lately . . . but I have just found the answer myself.

Keep up the good work dude!!

From your first post it seems that you are concerned that the thread was locked before you got to join the discussion.

Then when you have an opportunity to join a discussion, you don't want to.

There have been many posters who used to contribute here a while back who I haven't seen contribute in the last two years.

I think what wondaboy is getting at is the fact that you have just changed your end post in the range rover thread. Which is fine and I dont mind. But I along with a a lot of other motorbike forum users would appreciate if you just admit you did it and took it on the chin rather than pussy footing about!!

Original reason posted in the forum:
    Originally Posted by P.C. viewpost.gif

You have now changed it too read

There is a thread on the motors forum discussing this.

Please post there

Thread locked.

No doubt you did that to back up you argument in this current thread. :D:D

Nothing has been changed or deleted.

Read again.

And when you are ready to admit you made a mistake, please post you apology here.

Never watched the movie, sorry.

Is that how you see yourself?

Nothing has been changed or deleted.

Read again.

And when you are ready to admit you made a mistake, please post you apology here.

So them two quotes are identical in your eyes??

There have been many posters who used to contribute here a while back who I haven't seen contribute in the last two years.

Maybe, just maybe its down to the way the forum is being moderated lately by some people. Don't get me wrong Mods have a very hard job to do and I respect that.

Could be totally of the mark....just a hunch!

From your first post it seems that you are concerned that the thread was locked before you got to join the discussion.

Then when you have an opportunity to join a discussion, you don't want to.

Just because something seems a certain way to you PC does not mean it is that way.

PC can I just make you aware that just members on here are not obliged too contribute to threads, they can simply read them.

The reason that I have not contributed to the motors section on this (not that I have to explain myself to you) is that I believe along with most of the forum that it belongs in the motorbike section as its predominantly motorbikes which would indeed concur with the boards.ie charter and rules. I did not think that you had the power to "TELL" people where to post now as well P.C.

Have a nice day.

You can post where you want.
    You just can't alway post what you want.

• Advertisement

So them two quotes are identical in your eyes??

As I said. When you are ready to admit that you are wrong, please post an apology here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement