Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thread locking - *IMPORTANT* Please read last post

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

P.C. wrote: »
    Never watched the movie, sorry.

Is that how you see yourself?

Its this type of attitude I find unacceptable and disappointing in a moderator....I actually find that post demeaning. I would report it but I dont want to waste valuable time which could be spent improving the forum.

PLEASE THINK OF MY FEELINGS. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe its down to the way the forum is being moderated lately by some people. Don't get me wrong Mods have a very hard job to do and I respect that.

Could be totally of the mark....just a hunch!

I have my theories.

But this happened long after I started modding this forum

If you have a problem with the way the motorbike forum is modded take it to the help desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

As I said. When you are ready to admit that you are wrong, please post an apology here.

Ok so you closed two threads on the same topic for two different reasons!! Would this be more accurate in your eyes??

In that case could you explain why you locked them for different reasons??

Locking it for being in the motoring section I can understand however do not agree with.

But locking in for the other reason you stated is way off the mark.

leppla wrote: »
    Just because something seems a certain way to you PC does not mean it is that way.

PC can I just make you aware that just members on here are not obliged too contribute to threads, they can simply read them.

So why were/are you concerned that the threads are locked?

So why were/are you concerned that the threads are locked?

I think you will find I never said I was concerned about this.

• Advertisement

look PC I never opened this for an argument. Maybe everything you said is correct maybe its incorrect. Its not my style to have a row through a keyboard.

We will agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Stay safe kids.:cool:

I think what wondaboy is getting at is the fact that you have just changed your end post in the range rover thread. Which is fine and I dont mind. But I along with a a lot of other motorbike forum users would appreciate if you just admit you did it and took it on the chin rather than pussy footing about!!

Original reason posted in the forum:
    Originally Posted by P.C. viewpost.gif
    I am worried that this video is attracting the wrong sort of attention.

We do not have enough information to make a judgement of who was right, and who was wrong.

There have been a few posts with very broad sweeping statements about different groups of people.

Due to this, I am locking this thread.

You have now changed it too read

There is a thread on the motors forum discussing this.

Please post there

Thread locked.

No doubt you did that to back up you argument in this current thread. :D:D

Nothing has been changed or deleted.

Read again.

And when you are ready to admit you made a mistake, please post you apology here.
    So them two quotes are identical in your eyes??
    Ok so you closed two threads on the same topic for two different reasons!! Would this be more accurate in your eyes??

In that case could you explain why you locked them for different reasons??

Locking it for being in the y section I can understand however do not agree with.

But locking in for the other reason you stated is way off the mark.

Oh dear.

You accused me of doing something that I did not do.

I don't think that is a nice thing to do.

I wonder if you will apologise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

look PC I never opened this for an argument. Maybe everything you said is correct maybe its incorrect. Its not my style to have a row through a keyboard.

We will agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Stay safe kids.:cool:

LMFAO....sums it up really.

Oh dear.

You accused me of doing something that I did not do.

I don't think that is a nice thing to do.

I wonder if you will apologise.

If if makes you feel better PC:

I am sorry that you confused me by posting two different reasons for closing the same thread. . . . . Dont loose any sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It is a site-wide rule on Boards.ie that you do not argue with a moderator's decisions on the forum. If you have a question or problem with a moderator's action, either PM the mod, PM one of the other forum mods, or contact a Category Mod.

People arguing with mods on this forum has gone beyond a joke at this stage. I'm giving you all notice: It stops now. One poster has just been given a permanent ban from the forum for continuing to do so having been given warnings to stop before, and there are a few other names that popped up a couple of times in the past who may be in for the same treatment if it continues.

Do not argue with a moderator's decisions on-thread. If anyone has an issue with this, feel free to PM me to discuss it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement