Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband no connection to PS3

Options
  • 30-09-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've switched to Sky from Eircom & I cannot connect my PS3 to the WiFi. It is incredibly frustrating & after 5 or 6 calls to Sky I'm still no closer to a solution. I contacted Playstation who told me it is more than likely a problem with Sky blocking the ports for the Playstation. I rang sky back with codes that Playstation support gave me & the guy in Sky told me he couldn't change them but gave me the name of a website which shows me how. This leads me to believe this is the problem. The Playstation is picking up the WiFi no problem (49% signal strength) but it just won't connect as I keep getting a "no I.P address" problem.

Has anyone encountered similar problems with Sky? If so, I would appreciate any information you might have on the issue & perhaps you may throw a possibly solution my way as I am unfamiliar with how to change the ports myself

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Motivator wrote: »
    Hi, I've switched to Sky from Eircom & I cannot connect my PS3 to the WiFi. It is incredibly frustrating & after 5 or 6 calls to Sky I'm still no closer to a solution. I contacted Playstation who told me it is more than likely a problem with Sky blocking the ports for the Playstation. I rang sky back with codes that Playstation support gave me & the guy in Sky told me he couldn't change them but gave me the name of a website which shows me how. This leads me to believe this is the problem. The Playstation is picking up the WiFi no problem (49% signal strength) but it just won't connect as I keep getting a "no I.P address" problem.

Has anyone encountered similar problems with Sky? If so, I would appreciate any information you might have on the issue & perhaps you may throw a possibly solution my way as I am unfamiliar with how to change the ports myself

49% signal strength, why is your PS3 in a different county to the router...:p
    Why would you want to go online with that - I'd imagine the lag would be awful.
    Did you try connecting wired to see if there is a problem?

That signal strength doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Are you actually connected to the wifi though?
    Try the browser and see if you can get onto a website.
    As Fingers suggested try it with a cable directly into the Sky broadband router.
    Low signal indeed.

Ed

Advertisement