Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant play game

Options
  • 30-09-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭

Lads i'm having problems connecting to play Gilberto tonight in our match, everytime we tried to connect, Game session no longer available appeared, now i'm guessing this is my fault cos i tried to set up a friendly the other night with pudsy i think and got the same problem.

I dont know whats happening is cos i can play Fifa 14 no problem, i just glanced onto other forums and it said it could be an EA fault, i dont know

anybody any clue what i can do :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Restart your router and xbox, make sure xbox is wired to the router and try again, after that I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

adrian522 wrote: »
    Restart your router and xbox, make sure xbox is wired to the router and try again, after that I've no idea.

I'm using wireless and never had a problem until now, could wireless be the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Here is what you do. Go to your connection settings, select the connection you use, and select return to factory setting. Reconnect and everything will work :) madalig can testify

We should stick the above advice in a sticky, I guarantee it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I TESTIFY!

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    I TESTIFY!

Jesus i hope this works now, if it doesnt........................:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Ive no problem playing unranked games, it seems its only when i arrange games with ye boardsies i have the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Reset connection on xbox or router?

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Reset connection on xbox or router?

xbox, go into your network settings and you'll see a list of all available networks. Select the one you're using, find restore to factory defaults, and then reconnect.

ive done the above suggestions lads and its not looking good, will know more when we try to play later but im not hopeful at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Both of ye need to do it, then boot up net plus Xbox and it worked.

• Advertisement

ok lads my problem seems to be router problem, i have to open some ports or something :confused:

Did you try the thing? That sounds needlessly complicated.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Did you try the thing? That sounds needlessly complicated.

I did and this is the message im getting, problem is i can connect to xbox live but i may not be able to play certain games or chat because a port 3074 on the router isnt open

I can't help you there but I'm sure someone can

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I can't help you there but I'm sure someone can

I think i need to ring eircom, which is pretty pointless at this hour, will keep at it and keep trying.

My NAT type is moderate on the router is moderate, this causes problems with multiplayer games and chat

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I think i need to ring eircom, which is pretty pointless at any hour.

FYP.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My NAT type is moderate on the router is moderate, this causes problems with multiplayer games and chat

I had a bit of trouble with it too on Eircom mate but I just lowered the firewall security on my router to get the NAT to open and it worked like a charm.

To do that, just click the link below, select firewall on the left hand side, and then select low:

http://192.168.1.254/

A couple of mates did the same and it worked for them too. We never have connection issues any more.

What router do you have rock?

If it's the eircom zyxel one this is what I did a few years ago http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZyXEL/P-660HW-D1/Xbox_Live_360.html

• Advertisement

Got it working lads, not sure how but i was able to play my match, thanks for all the suggestions. :)

Advertisement