Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker damaged intransit from Currys

Options
  • 30-09-2013 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Bought a cooker wasn't loaded properly by currys staff..Glass shattered when we started to remove bubble wrap, surely it should have been better packed? The staff reassured me it was fine but clearly wasn't! but I have paid insurance for accidental damage etc for 5 years and the staff in the shop say I'm fully insures and they head office wont even respond to me...What to do now? small claims court as its under 1000! Should I go to small claims or get a solicitor? Heads wrecked! had to buy another cooker I have a husband and 4 kids ridiculous at this stage. No email available for Customer care either..
    Appreciate any help I can get need my money back asap! Thanks ckx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Okay - never buy the extended warranty and never buy from currys. Get it delivered next time.

Find out who underwrites the insurance and make a direct complaint if the claim has been rejected. If that doesn't work it's on to the ombudsman (I guess). This is more of an insurance issue than a consumer one IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

Try the currys forum on Talk To section - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

ifah wrote: »
    Try the currys forum on Talk To section - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1333

They're gone now, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 catrionakitty

Be Polite thank you! I'll read the coverplan and get onto it! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Was the delivery part of the purchase package or did you arrange it yourself? if Currys organised the delivery then they are responsible and should replace the cooker and chase the delivery company for the costs.

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Was the delivery part of the purchase package or did you arrange it yourself? if Currys organised the delivery then they are responsible and should replace the cooker and chase the delivery company for the costs.

OP took it themselves but Curry's loaded it. (It's in the other thread). This is about the only time coverplan has turned out to be worth the money! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    They're gone now, unfortunately.

Apologies - I had used in the past when Declan ran it and got a great result but just read the last updates on it - what a pity !

ifah wrote: »
    Apologies - I had used in the past when Declan ran it and got a great result but just read the last updates on it - what a pity !

Only think I've bought from Curry's since was a Home Cinema system that was clearly mis-priced. If I can benefit from their incompetence I will. :D

Complete palaver getting it as you can imagine, not because of the mis-price but because I was in Ireland and didn't have a postcode, never again.

Advertisement