Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I just go weak

• 01-10-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I will begin off with my personal details:
    Height: Roughly 5ft 4
    Weight:68Kg

I started lifting and exercising since last March.
    But I never really had a timetable,goal,planning,tracking or schedule.
    I would just lift/exercising at home when ever I had the time(usually 4 times a week) I followed the exercising on a York manual which came with my weights.
    It contains atleast 3 different type of excercises for each part of body(Back,Shoulder,Bicep,Tricep,legs,Chest).

Since now I have kept going when ever I had the time, maybe pause for one week or 1 month. I was really not keen on getting a goal for myself yet as I just wanted to build and train myself to ''START'' my goal/planner what ever you might call it.
    But I think I am now ready to make my self a planner and stick by it in order to actually stick to my fitness and training and get positive results(not that I did not get any, I had seen a massive increase in my muscle mass when I would just lift before.)

So yesterday I did back,shoulder,chest using 10kg dumbell in each hand, so 20kg all together.
    I spent atleast 2.30 hours on it.
    (I usually start my exercising in the night time as that is the only time I am free and my whole body is relaxed from school, usually at 9pm to 12)
    So anyways yesterday like always I did 3 sets containing 10 reps for 7 different type of exercises.

Today I had the worst nutrition/dinner/lunch/breakfast ever. Mostly due to waking up late(This has been the case for the past few weeks which I have eaten a partial breakfast.)
    So Today morning I eat a vitamins tablet with an apple !!!(due to being late for the school bus)
    I did how ever have a full lunch but you cannot classify that as the healthiest.
    My lunch consisted of curry with rice, while my dinner consisted of vegetable soup.
    And then 10pm came, I had free time, I decided to finish of my exercises which consisted of biceps curls, triceps and legs.
    I even drank my whey supplement, 800ml(before and after)
    I managed to do 10 reps for the first set, and then for some reason I took a 2 min break, tried for the 2nd set and only managed to get 4-5. and then again 2-3 min break.
    This kept happening and happening,(I say I roughly did 10 sets of 5 reps, with 2 min break in each) and then I tried for my triceps, which went better then the biceps but my left arm did only manage to get 6 reps max.
    I then realised it was my left arm which was slowing me down for both exercises.
    Now I want to know what ye thing, was it either my left arm or could it be the case that I was tired, because I just spent 2.5 hours yesterday as well as having little eating today.

If it was my left arm, (as I tried doing the the bicep curls with my right arm only and they went extremley well then the left.)
    Shall I drop weight ??
    But yesterday my left arm was perfect, meaning I had no problems doing the 10 reps for 3 sets which I usually do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Your workout is too long.
    If you are hammering away at yourself for 2-3 hours, its no surprise you aren't 100% the next day.

I'd hazard a guess that you are trying to do too much, or its over-complicated. If you post up your full routine, then you might get some useful suggestion to improve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

3 hours to do effectively curls? Waaaay too long.

I've been there, hours in the gym doing jack **** and getting nowhere.

Get your ass outta bed earlier, eat a nutritious breakfast. Keep up the vitamins too.

Set yourself a training routine. Something like Chest and triceps, back and biceps, shoulders, legs would be a better start. Pick your exercises, a set/rep range and stick too it. Once you get more advanced then look into something more complex.

If you can set yourself up now with a good diet and discipline you'll benefit greatly from it in years to come.

Also, sleep is vital to you for recovery etc..

Advertisement