Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airbourne

Options
  • 01-10-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Anyone heading to airbourne on the 22nd ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

I'll be there. The latest album may be just ok but they are still one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

I am going great band live ! The new album sounds like High & dry by Def Leppard which sounded like AC/DC which sounded like Airbourne were trying to impersonate in the first place ! Anyway great fun band live !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Not much love for this little AC/DC tribute act?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Wouldn't mind going (saw them the last time they played the Olympia and they were excellent), but it's not payday until next week, so ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Looking forward to the gig tonight. 4th time seeing them.

Black Spiders are a solid support act too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Can't wait it's my first time seeing them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Great show last night. Non stop energy from the second they came on stage.

Also thought that the stuff from the new album came across better live.

The Academy is also the perfect venue for a band like Airbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

Brilliant gig. Airbourne always put on a top show. I agree with the previous poster that the new songs sounded better live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Agreed. They were brilliant. The singer is a great showman. Smashing beers off his head, climbing up the stage onto the higher tier and played a solo 1 ft away from a guy in a wheelchair, got on a security guards shoulders and sauntered through the crowd while playing... Great gig IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Black Spiders was decent, but Airbourne brought the house down.

Brilliant show from start to finish, Joel knows how to entertain that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Raging i didnt go but due to funds i could'nt :( . Seen them in the Ambassador in 08 and was just brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What a show! Too entertaining for words

Advertisement