Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Internet provider kilkenny

• 01-10-2013 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi I'm moving into a new house shortly and want advice on which Internet provider I should go for in kilkenny. Not to sure is there a landline in the house and to be honest I don't really want a landline/home phone anyway. What's the best package out there? And would it be worth getting a landline even though I don't want a house phone? I watch quite a bit of Netflix and stream movies etc

Any advice on the best Internet provider out there and package that would suit my needs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

martineire wrote: »
    Hi I'm moving into a new house shortly and want advice on which Internet provider I should go for in kilkenny. Not to sure is there a landline in the house and to be honest I don't really want a landline/home phone anyway. What's the best package out there? And would it be worth getting a landline even though I don't want a house phone? I watch quite a bit of Netflix and stream movies etc

Any advice on the best Internet provider out there and package that would suit my needs?

Thanks

If you don't want a phone line you are fairly limited as to what you can get, around Kilkenny city you can probably get UPC.
    After that you could possibly get Fixed Wireless, perhaps Regional Broadband or maybe Aptus Broadband.

After that you are limited to mobile internet which from your description is totally unsuited for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Almost all of Kilkenny City has UPC.The only place that doesn't seem to have it is around Hebron Rd.

Eircom fibre is also in the city.Outside of that go with bealtaine's suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭Horrocksjm

Kilkenny now has Eircom fibre and the speeds are really good and constant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

Thanks lads, yea I hear a lot of people have UPC fibre power broadband in kilkenny and as stated above eircom now have fibre power broadband also.

Any suggestions who is best fibre power broadband provider in kilkenny or are they all as much the same?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

All down to price & data caps really.

As a Vodafone mobile customer,I can get their broadband max package for €32 a month.This is about the cheapest around afaik.Spoke to an Eircom rep yesterday & they couldn't match that for their fibre service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement