Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAP 1% less than 2.1 , wanna degree 'profiling'

Options
  • 01-10-2013 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi guys

I finish my whole exams in Smurfit
    However, My GPA is 3.03
    not enough to get 2.1 (=3.08 )drgee :(
    The amount of credits were scored less 1% of 2.1 grade boundary, never fail this yr.

Can I appeal to UCD senate to have degree reclassified ??
    Anybody done before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 greens

I got 3.67 :(

1:1 >= 3.68

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

I don't think they'll reclassify. Look at it from their perspective, you didn't get a 2.1 and you not want to be bumped up to a 2.1, if they bump you up where do they draw the line on who gets bumped up and who doesn't?

I've heard of this happening to a few people (missing a classification by a small amount) and I've never heard of them being bumped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

A 2.1 degree should be a GPA of 3.1, the 3.08 is a already a concession to marginal cases. For a GPA not even close to 3.08, there is no obvious basis for reclassification, although of course you can draw people's attention to the fact that your GPA is at the high end of a 2.2.

Advertisement