Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jungle Den, Naas

Options
  • 01-10-2013 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I've only heard about this place today via Facebook, and would very much like to take my 2.5 and 1.5 yr old kids there.
    I usually go to Playzone Celbridge. Just need somewhere different.
    Any reviews on Jungle Den, especially for toddlers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I found it good - plus mammy gets a free coffee. My favourite though is the playbarn in Johnstown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭nedd

We live in Sallins and there are loads of play centres in Naas and the surrounding areas:

Joeys: Right in the middle of Naas, upstairs from where M&S used to be
    Jungle Den: Just off the Monread Road
    Fun Factory: M7 Buisness Park
    Tricky Tricksters: Toughers estate.

They are all good in different ways. The best thing to do is try them out. My son is 2 now and he goes mental in all of them.

Some are big, some are small, they all do food and coffee and each has its own positives and negatives.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My kids 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 loved it.
    I dunno if it is any better then Play Zone but it was a change:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

nedd wrote: »
    We live in Sallins and there are loads of play centres in Naas and the surrounding areas:

Joeys: Right in the middle of Naas, upstairs from where M&S used to be
    Jungle Den: Just off the Monread Road
    Fun Factory: M7 Buisness Park
    Tricky Tricksters: Toughers estate.

Wow didn't realise there are so many, thought Joeys was the only one in Naas et al. I'll give them all a go over the next few weeks.
    I'm just comfortable with Playzone because it's nearby and I like the girl who does the main act with toddlers (don't like Energy in Rathcoole/Newcastle at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahv

Joeys is very small in comparison with the other playcentres in Naas but I really liked it when my kids were the same age as yours as it only goes up to age 6. It was very easy to keep an eye on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Last time I went to joeys the toys where filthy and the woman running the music class , sat reading her book instead off having the class

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Jungle Den is ideal for those ages of your kids
    Playbarn is better suited to the 6-10yr old age I would imagine

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Jungle Den is ideal for those ages of your kids
    Playbarn is better suited to the 6-10yr old age I would imagine

Ah ok. Thanks for that.
    Yeah I'd be more interested in places that are great for 3 and under. See if I can get to Jungle Den today if not tomorrow.
    Will check out Fun Factory and Tricky Tricksters soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Ah ok. Thanks for that.
    Yeah I'd be more interested in places that are great for 3 and under. See if I can get to Jungle Den today if not tomorrow.
    Will check out Fun Factory and Tricky Tricksters soon too

FF much better for your kids than TT. Loads of space too. Doesnt feel as confined as JD

So we went to Jungle Den today. The kids loved it to bits. I suppose it was a change from Playzone.
    I liked how I can sit on the comfy sofa in between the toddler's area and the bigger kids area to monitor them both, as my eldest was actually able to go on the latter on his own.
    Will definitely go again.
    Next to try out is Fun Factory. Thanks Lex.

• Advertisement

Gave Fun Factory a try today. It's the business. Lex was right about it being much more spacious than the confined Jungle Den.
    There was a lot more offered for under 3s no doubt. The spinning teacup was a treat for the kids who loved it to bits, although mummy was a bit queasy afterwards bluek LOL.
    The staff were lovely, the lady who conducted the toddler activity session was fantastic. For once the kids actually sat throughout the sessions, especially with musical instruments. I liked the drawing/music/open disco corner too.
    We had soup at the cafe and it was nice. No free tea/coffee. Just thought for €6 a child wouldn't hurt to offer complementary tea. The open plan cafe also attracted people from local business at lunch time, so food must be good (unless that's the only place to get food in the business park, nevertheless it's a good sign).
    It was a bit further and there wouldn't be any reason for me to go to that part of Kildare if it wasn't for Fun Factory, but it was worth it.

Advertisement