Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kona

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

What time did he do?

14:04:48 Fair play to him.

Bib#141 if you want to see his splits.

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/athlete-tracker.aspx?race=worldchampionship&y=2013#axzz2hWSMR3kE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Dont you just love the awkward 17:00:xx finisher!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Bambaata wrote: »
    Dont you just love the awkward 17:00:xx finisher!

Ah sure we'll forget about the :xx bit for her she looked like she'd suffered badly. The music shutting off didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

So David Condon best of the Irish. 2.59 run time savage. Anyone know were he hails from and were he qualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Diamond_25

Never heard of the guy but that is impressive stuff for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

So David Condon best of the Irish. 2.59 run time savage. Anyone know were he hails from and were he qualified.

He's from Galway. Has been living in the US a good while now. It's his second Kona. Last time he was pretty fast too and it was first IM - lottery entry. Not sure if he did a qualification race this year but will find out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How come Eimear Mullan hasn't tackled this yet? Presumably its somewhere in her plans.

How come Eimear Mullan hasn't tackled this yet? Presumably its somewhere in her plans.

She didn't accumulate enough KPR points this year to qualify

Looks like this is how he qualified. I'm pretty sure that means he has only done 2 full distance races and both were in Kona. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

pgibbo wrote: »
    Looks like this is how he qualified. I'm pretty sure that means he has only done 2 full distance races and both were in Kona. :cool:

I knew this guy when he lived in Galway. To say he was the last person you'd think would do an Ironman is a understatement. Nice guy but a complete head case when younger. Left for the states around 10 years ago I'd say and seems to have completely changed his life around. Good to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    ... Nice guy but a complete head case when younger....

ordinary enough behaviour for an Ironman candidate, I'd say.

It's damn hard not to like Crowie. Post race interview with him here

McKenzies comments about him in this clip show what a genuine person he is

Advertisement