Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do I need 16sq tails

Options
  • 01-10-2013 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hey all .have a multi occupancy house city centre , pre 63 in 12 units.its been disconnected for 4 years , in order to reconnect the esb are treating it as a new connection. On the owners end this means a new meter cabinet and all flats being rewired and brought up to modern regulations. My question is can we keep the old 10 sq tails.the house has gas central heating and none of the flats have instant showers.sparks says I need 16 sq to comply with modern regs, is he being overly cautious or is this actually in the regulations for new connection s? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

kramer1 wrote: »
    Hey all .have a multi occupancy house city centre , pre 63 in 12 units.its been disconnected for 4 years , in order to reconnect the esb are treating it as a new connection. On the owners end this means a new meter cabinet and all flats being rewired and brought up to modern regulations. My question is can we keep the old 10 sq tails.the house has gas central heating and none of the flats have instant showers.sparks says I need 16 sq to comply with modern regs, is he being overly cautious or is this actually in the regulations for new connection s? Thanks

Each set of tails from each meter must be a minimum of 16sq. mm Cu.
    You may even find that larger sized tails are required if volt drop or EFLI is excessive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Fair enough 16s it is so .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

kramer1 wrote: »
    Fair enough 16s it is so .

As above, remember this is the minimum size :)

Advertisement