Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirm my fears

Options
  • 01-10-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom... so my house is in an area on the map that is/was due for upgrade July - September 2013. I haven't heard anything though, despite registering my interest. I'm taking this as an indication that my house will not be getting upgraded any time soon.

My area is Creganna, Oranmore, Co. Galway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

gerryk wrote: »
    Hi Eircom... so my house is in an area on the map that is/was due for upgrade July - September 2013. I haven't heard anything though, despite registering my interest. I'm taking this as an indication that my house will not be getting upgraded any time soon.

Hi gerryk,

I have checked this for you and can confirm that your exchange has been upgraded to Fibre however your address also needs to be connected for the service to work and I'm afraid this has not been done as of yet. We have no lead time on this but Eircom will contact you when it's available to order in your area.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Hi gerryk,

I have checked this for you and can confirm that your exchange has been upgraded to Fibre however your address also needs to be connected for the service to work and I'm afraid this has not been done as of yet. We have no lead time on this but Eircom will contact you when it's available to order in your area.

Thanks

Tracey
    Is this a roundabout way of saying that I fall outside, and hence beyond, all current roll-out plans... i.e. after the 2014 phase?
    I really need a definite answer, as my contract is about to finish, and I am not signing up to anything without a definite timeline.
    The same goes for my 3 Meteor plans. If I don't get a definite timeline on the eFibre thing, I will not be renewing those either.

Don't beat around the bush... if by 'no lead time' you mean 'not planned' then say it so I will know what I am dealing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi gerryk,

Thanks

Tracey
    Is this a roundabout way of saying that I fall outside, and hence beyond, all current roll-out plans... i.e. after the 2014 phase?
    I really need a definite answer, as my contract is about to finish, and I am not signing up to anything without a definite timeline.
    The same goes for my 3 Meteor plans. If I don't get a definite timeline on the eFibre thing, I will not be renewing those either.

Don't beat around the bush... if by 'no lead time' you mean 'not planned' then say it so I will know what I am dealing with.

Hi gerryk,

I'm afraid we only have roll out plans for the exchanges in Fibre upgrades, we don't have any roll out plans for each individual address. We wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer on this as it's subject to availability.

Eircom will contact you when it's available in your area.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement