Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal- Service refund

Options
  • 01-10-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

I'm just wondering does anyone have an experience getting a refund from paypal for a service rather than item.

I bought sports club membership online last night just before midnight when the "special offer" was going to end and today they have a halloween discount were the price is €100 cheaper than last night.

Can I request a refund as I haven't used the service? Hate getting stung by a business

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I would have thought you can't claim on this from anybody. Just a matter of unfortunate timing. No more so than my buying a coat or a PC only for it to be reduced the next day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nothing wrong with the service delivered; you changed your mind because you can get it cheaper which you got no real recourse for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

No you cannot request a refund just because "you don't want it".

And yes, I have successfully got a refund for services not delivered (web hosting).

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I was wondering more so can you cancel an order before the seller processes the payment as paypal offer the option to cancel.

Anyways not to worry folks, got in touch with the manager just there who will honour the "new" special offer price and refund the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Glad you got sorted OP

But doesn't the distance selling directve apply here anyway? Ie: if you buy something online you can change your mind within 7 days for a full refund

• Advertisement
Advertisement