Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Hub

• 01-10-2013 11:02am

Any body using one of these?
    Any honest feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

urbanledge wrote: »
    Any body using one of these?
    Any honest feedback?

That the new wifi one?
    I got one - think it's the one with the basic remote. It works fine, haven't used the remote yet, just the Android and IPad apps.
    Any questions in particular?

Ah cool!
    Yeah I was going to ask if its worth getting just the base and use a tablet.
    But you kinda answered that!

Hows the software?
    I've had a harmony 885 since 2006 but I have upc horizon now and some philips lamps.
    Where abouts do you put the hub its self (i'd be using some IR functions)
    and one more!
    My Panasonic TV and Onkyo amp are both on my network.They have there own apps.
    Can the software control these via wifi and not use IR at all?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Yeah you have the right idea. I think the more expensive package controls the Philips lighting and you are limited to 8 devices on my model.

I have it pointed randomly into the room and it controls the projector amp and oppo at one end and the TV stb and ps3 nearby though out of direct sight.

I had to go through the harmony website to set it up for wifi as it (obviously) couldn't connect due to wpa, but otherwise I haven't had any issues with software - just used the device's interface or the harmony website.

I did have to configure the oppo on the Web rather than locally but it works fine.

The delays take a bit of messing about with - my TV takes up to 30s before accepting channel changes which is a pita but nothing to do with the remote.

So the networked devices can operate over the wifi.
    Definitely looks like a good job.

270e for the top model or 130e for the basic,big price difference.

I think you can upgrade and buy the touch remote as a stand alone.
    I think I'll consider this.

Am I correct in saying the remote to the hub is all done via IR?
    And obviously the phone/tablet link over wifi.
    And the hub outputs IR,RF and Wifi control.

The delays were always tricky with the harmonys.When I got my 885 in 2006 the software was shocking.
    Took me weeks to get it working but they seem to have that sorted.

Advertisement