Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant girlfriend

Options
  • 01-10-2013 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,girlfriend is due next week in holles street I'm just wondering what to expect from the word go,any advice would be great just so as I'm not panicking ha,I can stress myself out!
    Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hey everyone,girlfriend is due next week in holles street I'm just wondering what to expect from the word go,any advice would be great just so as I'm not panicking ha,I can stress myself out!
    Cheers guys

You won't need to panic, the midwives will keep you well informed about what will happen and calm :-)
    I'm sure your girlfriend will already have her bags packed but I found it was handy to have another few changes of clothes for me and baby left in the spare room so my OH knew where everything was when I needed it brought in.
    Bring a few snacks in to the hospital with you and also some sugary drinks like lucozade/lucozade sport for yourself! It will take it out of you as much as it will for your girlfriend!
    And don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure of anything. It will make it a lot easier if you know what is happening throughout.
    Last of all, enjoy it!:-) it is an amazing time. All the best :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Gee_G wrote: »
    You won't need to panic, the midwives will keep you well informed about what will happen and calm :-)
    I'm sure your girlfriend will already have her bags packed but I found it was handy to have another few changes of clothes for me and baby left in the spare room so my OH knew where everything was when I needed it brought in.
    Bring a few snacks in to the hospital with you and also some sugary drinks like lucozade/lucozade sport for yourself! It will take it out of you as much as it will for your girlfriend!
    And don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure of anything. It will make it a lot easier if you know what is happening throughout.
    Last of all, enjoy it!:-) it is an amazing time. All the best :-)

Brilliant thanks for that response,hopefully everything goes smoothly!excited now and slightly nervous

Advertisement