Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with new Vodafone DSL connection

• 01-10-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Ordered vodafone DSL a few weeks ago and not finding them the best lot to deal with. Queried the order status again yesterday to be told they'd activated it and hadn't told me (we were told we'd get a text to say when it was active).

I bought a vodafone modem/router off adverts and it was a pain in the arse to set up but this is what I'm getting when I attempt to connect.

I know there was eircom broadband on the line a few weeks ago (we just bought the house) but I can't tell from this whether it's a setup issue on the network or a setup issue with the modem.

Any advice?
    aebbkp.jpg
    Thanks v much,
    Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Ordered vodafone DSL a few weeks ago and not finding them the best lot to deal with. Queried the order status again yesterday to be told they'd activated it and hadn't told me (we were told we'd get a text to say when it was active).

I bought a vodafone modem/router off adverts and it was a pain in the arse to set up but this is what I'm getting when I attempt to connect.

I know there was eircom broadband on the line a few weeks ago (we just bought the house) but I can't tell from this whether it's a setup issue on the network or a setup issue with the modem.

Any advice?
    Thanks v much,
    Quad

Are you wired up to the router directly? It seems that you are getting authenticated fine through the ISP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

red_bairn wrote: »
    Are you wired up to the router directly? It seems that you are getting authenticated fine through the ISP.

That screen grab was taken over wireless but it's the same when directly wired.

If you try to open a website you get a message from the router saying there is no internet connection available.

That screen grab was taken over wireless but it's the same when directly wired.

If you try to open a website you get a message from the router saying there is no internet connection available.

What are the LEDs colours on the router?

What are the LEDs colours on the router?

All red.

I don't really understand what's going on.

The diagnostics run the same as above tonight but now there is an internet connection.

And my god is it miserable :(

Is there any way screwed up modem settings could produce a result this bad?

3005280283.png

• Advertisement

I don't really understand what's going on.

The diagnostics run the same as above tonight but now there is an internet connection.

And my god is it miserable :(

Is there any way screwed up modem settings could produce a result this bad?

3005280283.png

Not that I can think of. Are you user a splitter/filter? What are you paying for?

Not that I can think of. Are you user a splitter/filter? What are you paying for?

Thanks Bairn. 'Twas the filter! Much better results with it removed

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/651101416

Still, miss the 50mb UPC line :(

Thanks Bairn. 'Twas the filter! Much better results with it removed

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/651101416

Still, miss the 50mb UPC line :(

The problem that occurred with you also happened at my mates house in Drogheda.

Advertisement